India tour of Sri Lanka 2024

Watched the highlights. Splendid catching by the Lankans. And what a spell from Vandersay! Indian team should have won this after that Rohit start.

So winning an ICC events means we have to lose stupid bilaterals now.

I'll take this anyday.

The moment Vandersay took 2 wickets in that one over, I said to myself, India is gonna go into a shell and give more wickets to this guy.

Well played SL. They have ensures they cannot lose this series now.

What the heck was Arshdeep thinking in the 1st ODI?

So winning an ICC events means we have to lose stupid bilaterals now.

I'll take this anyday.
Nope we wont that ICC event because KL was not in the squad. All other times he has been in the squad and we have lost. He comes back, we lose. #BlameKL

Excellent stuff from Sri Lanka to chokehold Indian team with their spinners and spin a web in the middle overs. They had the bowlers to do the trick (Wellalage, Vandersay, Theekshana, Asalanka) and luckily for them, their batting set decent totals that helped them to defend those with spin.

Must be a major concern for Indian team as this is their last ODI of the year and they play the Champions Trophy early next year (maybe again in Sri Lankan pitches, if Indian govt rejects their travel to Pakistan and the ICC picks Sri Lanka as the backup venues). However, I feel that their investment in Riyan Parag in this series has borne a lot of fruit. His bowling has been a revelation, and his batting has been pristine until he gets that one ball with his wicket on it. The more batting exposure he gets in internationals, the more he is going to grow.

Users who are viewing this thread