10 Most Elegant Batsmen of all time (Check New - Reader's Choice Category)

robin2855

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
We have covered the 10 Greatest Batsmen of all time

But these Greatest Batsmen may not all have been the most elegant.

So lets find out who are the 10 most Elegant Batsmen of all time .

Here’s my take :

1.Greg Chappell

2.Sunil Gavsakar

3.Rohan Kanhai

4.Majid Khan

5.Zaheer Abbas

6.Martin Crowe

7.David Gower

8.Gundappa Vishwanath

9.Mahela Jawardhana

10.Saeed Anwar

Add On

Reader's Choice Category

1.Mark Waugh(aussie1st ,Therbs, Arunava)

2.VVS Laxman(PranavPathak)

3.Inzamam (send2yaari)

4.Sir Frank Worrell(Howsie)

5.Victor Trumper(RoboRocks, King Cricket)

6. Ian Bell (Howsie, King Pieterson)

7. Mohammed Yousaf(gambino,n3wu$3r)

To many it may appear too daunting to select the 10 most Elegant Batsmen from past and present era.

So to simplify matters the following options are now available.

Options 1

Ideally option 1 it is the most preferred Option to Select 10 most Elegant Batsmen of all time from past and present era .

Options 2

Readers have the Second option of choosing 10 most Elegant Batsmen of all time from present era only.

Option 3

Readers have the Third option of choosing 5 most Elegant Batsmen of all time from present and past era.

Option 4

Readers have the Fourth option of choosing 5 most Elegant Batsmen of all time from present era only.

Option 5

Those who still find it difficult have the last option to choose 3 most Elegant Batsmen of all time from past from present era.

What’s reader’s choice?

I am sure it will be an interesting discussion and we will have invaluable inputs and insights from everyone.

The Primary objective of the thread is to share cricket knowledge and enrich each other.

Please do not take anything personally in the event of disagreement or difference of opinion as no two persons think alike and every one is entitled to his or her opinion and it is a common courtesy to respect that.

Arguments put forward are only for the sake of the topic. Beyond that we are all mates and buddies.

I hope the multiple options available will facilitate selections of 10 most Elegant Batsmen of all time for all and sundry.

Good luck and Cheers!

Last edited:
I'll add Mark Waugh to the list. All of these batsmen have in common the ability to make a classic shot, say a cover drive, appear effortless, smooth and graceful, as if its the most natural thing in the world.

Where are Sir Don Bradman,Javed Miandad,Inzamam,Yousaf?

Yeah, your list is missing a lot of players Robin. Please, do some deeper search.

King Cricket added 1 Minutes and 25 Seconds later...

Where are Sir Don Bradman,Javed Miandad,Inzamam,Yousaf?

Absolutely right about Miandad. In my opinion, when it comes to this "elegant" players list, he's an automatic choice.

Victor Trumper, in my opinion, must be at the top of the list. I've seen some pictures of him and his technique is pure beauty, especially on the drive.

ReeWasIP018a.jpg

i haven't seen most of the players in the above list playing.

My personal preference is Mark Waugh. He was the most elegant player i've ever seen,

Does anyone find Jesse Ryder elegant, or is it just me. He has the best cover-drive in the game I feel.

Mark Waugh definitely should be on the list. Real joy to watch and one of the reasons why he was my favourite batter during his time. Tendulkar is another who is great to watch when he gets going.

Frank Worell would have to be pretty high on the list too. He is one of the most elegant batsmen I've ever seen.

Victor Trumper, in my opinion, must be at the top of the list. I've seen some pictures of him and his technique is pure beauty, especially on the drive.

ReeWasIP018a.jpg

Absolutely. Of course, Trumper should be there. He was some cricketer! And his technique? Amazing. One of my fav cricketers from the early 20th century.

King Cricket added 2 Minutes and 21 Seconds later...

Robin has made some strange picks there. Kanhai, Majid Khan- what are these guys doing up there?

King Cricket added 0 Minutes and 54 Seconds later...

Frank Worell would have to be pretty high on the list too. He is one of the most elegant batsmen I've ever seen.

You have "seen" Sir Frank play? :p

Users who are viewing this thread