Story 20-20 World Cup

jhnnyby000

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Briggsey said:
Strauss was my first pick too. Okay, Andrew Strauss will be captain for the game against Kenya.

Good call Briggsey and India rock
Strauss is a qaulity player and captain as he showed with Middlesex by scoring over 1400 runs in his 1st season as captain
yay im opening with Strauss

Last edited:

woosaah

Club Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
looks like ill have a rest for a bit then :D good luck fellows :D

jhnnyby000

Club Cricketer
india rock said:
oh and my name dosn't get mentioned does it jhonney

Im sorry India rock i didnt realise you was a selector aswell next time i will tho

Cricketman

ICC Chairman
YES! i made it in!!! WHOOT! What will it take from bell for u to make play in any of the actual WC games?? at least 40, considering its twenty20?

sid_19840

International Coach
All selected players,pl tell your strat for the next game against Kenya which shall be played most probably this weekend(currently negotiating with rabbitoh rob) to become the admin of this thread.So as soon as he agree's(shd be soon) the next match starts.

All coaches may decide the team strategy for upcoming game and psycologist may talk to each player abt what strat they shd use.

BTW the winning team in the 20-20 world cup gets a lot of vcash as well as reps for all players and staff members,so there's a lot for stake,assuming that either Eng or Aus manage to win the tournament.Hope uall are liking my ideas.

ajay2k5

Club Cricketer
sid_19840 said:
All selected players,pl tell your strat for the next game against Kenya which shall be played most probably this weekend(currently negotiating with rabbitoh rob) to become the admin of this thread.So as soon as he agree's(shd be soon) the next match starts.

All coaches may decide the team strategy for upcoming game and psycologist may talk to each player abt what strat they shd use.

BTW the winning team in the 20-20 world cup gets a lot of vcash as well as reps for all players and staff members,so there's a lot for stake,assuming that either Eng or Aus manage to win the tournament.Hope uall are liking my ideas.

Um I am a selected player but don;t understand what you want?

The Spin

Panel of Selectors
I, as C Lewis, want to bowl to an aggresive field aiming mainly just outside leg stump and short-good length with my leg spin.
If I do bat, hopefully wont, I want to go for it from the start. But not try to hit every shot for 6, Aggresive but a bit sensible

voldemort

International Coach
ajay2k5 said:
Um I am a selected player but don;t understand what you want?

Strategies. How do you want to play in the match. Aggressive or defensive, and which shots you would like to play mostly and etc etc

ajay2k5

Club Cricketer
voldemort said:
Strategies. How do you want to play in the match. Aggressive or defensive, and which shots you would like to play mostly and etc etc

Ah ok

Player Name: Andrew Eastley

Well Batting I play straight alot, but I do play on the leg side a bit to, I have always had trouble playing on the offside, but I was learning just before I quit playing cricket. I can hook and pull ok but as said before was only getting to learn the cut shot and stuff on offside. To Spinner I often am down on one knew playing sweep shots, slog sweeps and what not, I even play a slog sweep off one knew straight down the game once for six.

Bowling, I tend to bowl straight at middle stump and vary my outswing, I occasionally bowl slightly wider, then all of a sudden i'll put in a inswinger. I never really bowl short because I am not really fast enough so I pitch it up a bit and swing it, the shortest a ball would be bowled is about Rib height, but thats very rare.

voldemort

International Coach
Thats quite informative. i would recommend that you play straight shot, on drive, leg glance, sweep shots and occasionaly slogs. i wouldnt recommend a cover drive for you nor a late cut. but mostly try to cut.

Your bolwing tactics seem good. i think that your fielders require a slip (if you are an opening bowler) a man at straight, and most of the others at off.

sid_19840

International Coach
Coaches and other staff members,pl comment on the general strat to be adopted for the team,like how we shd approach the game etc.The match will be played on Monday(most probably).

Users who are viewing this thread