Well to me Lara too has a great chance if he gets in early then who knows he can play all shots in the book of course no need to say about his talent, i think one of the five batsman of the centuries.

My money on Afridi, Sehwag and Tendulkar. But most of my money on Afridi this time becoz if he gets one of those lucky days and considering his brutal hitting when everything goes right for him, he can get to 200 easily.

BC Lara said:
Yes it was a first.

nope Sandeep Patil (Ind) hit 6 4s in one over of Bob willis (Eng)..1 ball was a no-ball though.

you replied to : "It was the first time in tests that six boundary's had been hit in a over I think" (Stevie)

and it was no tthe first time since Sandeep Patil hit 6 4s in ONE over.

BC Lara said:
The record Gayle holds is six fours off six consecutive balls.

yea that was against england in windies tour of england last year against hoggard

im gonna say shahid afridi as my favourite. virender sehwag and sachin tendulkar for india are in with great chances, and of course brian lara. i think he will definetly get it.

im not going to say adam gilchrist, because he doesnt usually get massive scores and if he does, he rarely continues with them, same for andrew flintoff... andrew symonds is proberly in with a chance, if he gets into good form, like the world cup of '03 and lance kluesener too.

sehwag or afridi

i feel sehwag as a talented stroke player and as a hard striker of the ball shaid afridi

dayne said:
im gonna say shahid afridi as my favourite. virender sehwag and sachin tendulkar for india are in with great chances, and of course brian lara. i think he will definetly get it.

im not going to say adam gilchrist, because he doesnt usually get massive scores and if he does, he rarely continues with them, same for andrew flintoff... andrew symonds is proberly in with a chance, if he gets into good form, like the world cup of '03 and lance kluesener too.
You don't think Gilchrist will get 200 because he doesnt get big scores. Shahid Afridi's highest ODI score is 109 and highest test score is 141. In both List A and First Class matches his highest score is only 164. Adam Gilchrist's highest ODI score is 172, highest test and first class score is 204*.

im talking about continuances with those high scores. his high scores are excellent squiz, no doubt, but high scores are one of, achieved in a single innings, get my draft? im not saying gilchrist has no chance, and afridi will definetly get it, as gilchrist perfroms a lot more consistently than afridi. all im saying is that afridi has better odds because he is never in good or bad form, he just hits, and as we all know with afridi, it can get him anywhere. gilchrist, indeed pure entertainment, but he is a solid batsmen that likes to make a score. with only 300 balls in a one day match, i dont think i will be enough for him. it took him 126 odd deliveries to reach that 172, whereas afridi has the proven displayed ability to score 100 runs from 37 balls!

gilchrist, maybe? afridi, maybe? just on pure batting style i think afridi has a better chance.

Well seeing that Afridi has never reached 200 runs in even Domestic Cricket or even got close to 200 I doubt he'll be able to reach it in the highest level of cricket. Gilchrist opens the batting and if it took him 126 to get 172, that extra 24 (if he received half of the balls) would have got him to 200

dayne said:
it took him 126 odd deliveries to reach that 172, whereas afridi has the proven displayed ability to score 100 runs from 37 balls!
172 off 126 equates to 205 off 150, half an innings. If you factor in no balls, and also the fact that if he was batting that well the other batsman would be just hitting singles and getting him on strike, there's even more. Afridi has no ability to make big scores, so he's got no hope.

gilchrist made like 200 and something but that was in WA districts, what about ponting? ponting made 143 odd in 2003 and agaisnt nz last year? i think he would be up there! especially with his bat:D

None of the Pakistani's have a really good first class record so you cannot really attribute Afridi's inability to get an ODI 200 to him lacking a double-century at any level of cricket. And records such as this are not planned--they just happen. Afridi may just find himself in a small ground against a weak opposition and get dropped a few times. That's enough for him to get to the double. Gilchrist is a more thoughtful and technically correct batsman. That's why he has got double's at first-class level.

Both have chances to get there, but for different reasons.

Users who are viewing this thread