pal said:
I don't know man, I think Afridi has a lot more chance of hitting that 200 first, if he had finished that 100 in 45 balls and then settled down to hit that next hundred, he would have had lots of time to do it, he just doesn't pace the end of his innings well enough...

you are right pal,but lets not forget that he is Becoming a deffensive player now has alot of reponsibllity on his shoulders now,He is becoming a major player for pakistan,Who knows Afridi can turn it on any day but sehwag might as well,My money is on Afridi & sehwag.

i think it could be either Sehwag or Afridi but it think sehwag has a better chance to make a double ton because afridi does makes a few mistakes which lead to him getting out

Afridi has chance if he gets his first 100 quickly. But this is only if he is hitting it cleanly. The thing with Afridi is he easily clears the ground so even after 15 overs are up he can get runs quite easily. Sehwag once said 200 would be possible in (men's) ODI cricket. In the next series (Asia Cup) he didn't even total 200 runs. This sort of thing just happens. :D

If anyone is going to score 200 in a o.d game it will be gilchrist, but I don't see it happening, if a 200 was going to be scored it would of been done already, look at the likes of Vivian Richards he could tear a bowling attack apart. I know one batsman got close not sure whom, think it might of been a pakistani player.

The players to be taken into consideration should be the ones who just dont hit out .See the highest scores in ODI's.Saeed Anwar,Kisrsten,Tendulkar, Jayasurya(after his peak).

The ones getting there should be a good enough manoveur as well.
So heading the lists should be

Hayden
Astle
Tendulkar (he can always come out of his shell as in the WC)
Gilchrist

Not too sure players like Sewag, Afridi can play out the middle overs easily.

Certainly no Pakistani can do it. Thats for sure .
Take for instance the Afridi innings, what Pakistan achieved .If a bonus would have been for grab Pakistanis wouldnt have got that inspite of the hurrican innings.

bigbadsharky said:
If anyone is going to score 200 in a o.d game it will be gilchrist, but I don't see it happening, if a 200 was going to be scored it would of been done already, look at the likes of Vivian Richards he could tear a bowling attack apart. I know one batsman got close not sure whom, think it might of been a pakistani player.

Viv Richards even played 60 overs ODI .If still he couldnt get it ,surely wouldnt get it in 50 overs ODI

nik said:
yes so does flintoff! sehwag is the best out of them i would say! but gilchrist is a tough rival!

Flintoff has better technique than sehwag but sehwag gets to play on flatter piches most of the time and he opens......................

If Freddie opened i think he could make a double, he's been 100* before in only about 100 balls!!!!!!!!!!!!

Flintoff>Sehwag, end of story.

ronny_kingsley said:
The players to be taken into consideration should be the ones who just dont hit out .See the highest scores in ODI's.Saeed Anwar,Kisrsten,Tendulkar, Jayasurya(after his peak).

The ones getting there should be a good enough manoveur as well.
So heading the lists should be

Hayden
Astle
Tendulkar (he can always come out of his shell as in the WC)
Gilchrist

Not too sure players like Sewag, Afridi can play out the middle overs easily.

Certainly no Pakistani can do it. Thats for sure .
Take for instance the Afridi innings, what Pakistan achieved .If a bonus would have been for grab Pakistanis wouldnt have got that inspite of the hurrican innings.

Viv Richards even played 60 overs ODI .If still he couldnt get it ,surely wouldnt get it in 50 overs ODI

Allister brown has done it in a county game.................theres no reason why another player cant do the same against Bangladesh

andrew_nixon said:
What makes you so sure?

Its all about discipline, and i can see many of the pakkistan players with BOTH discipline and explosiveness.

bigbadsharky said:
I think your thinking of Saeed Anwar or Basit Ali...

For me Sehwag vs. Hong Kong or somethin like that...

Afridi playing defensively? Do any of you remember how he got out after his 100?

it was an official match...but women's ODI...if i remember right then there has been a score of over 400 in women's ODI's too...

sachinisgod said:
it was an official match...but women's ODI...if i remember right then there has been a score of over 400 in women's ODI's too...
Team score though, not individual. The same match as the 200.

200 certainly is possible. It has been done in domestic one day competitions, six times, twice by Ally Brown.

It's assumed it has to be by an opener, but Graeme Pollock did it batting at number 4 and Alvin Kallicharran did it from 3.

One of Ally Brown's came in a 40 over game too.

It'll be tough, but with the right conditions, and a player in perfect form, and bowlers and fielders off form, it just might be possible. It doesn't have to be against aaa minor nation either. Ally Brown's two 200s came against opposition of equal standard.

Users who are viewing this thread