sohummisra said:
As a batsman? You're plain crazy. Flintoff isn't even fit enough to play.

exactly, his post = absolute bullcrap, end of story.

In ODI, no matter how good an allrounder Flintoff is, he can't get close to Sehwag in batting, but he is a good player.. Sehwag is just on a whole another level in batting compared to Flintoff.

fardin said:
Just ask him where he is from then you will find out why.

I agree, his post didn't make much sense, he is making a reference to the match when Shahid hit that century in 45 balls and Pakistan was at 252/6 or something near that, but I ask him so what? If Afridi had been notout and in flow, he could have gotten that century in the next 50-70 balls and I am sure Pakistan would have existed that long.. I still think Afridi edges out Sehwag just because of that blitzkrieg he unleashes once in a while..

Gillchrist can do it, because he could strike the bowl in all directions and he is (in my eyes
) better then sehwag.

Gilchrist got pretty close and if he continues his form, may well get there again. Sehwag is a good bet too, we must remember that it is hard to score big down the order in ODI cricket, so Flintoff is out of the question unless he opens the batting. Afridi of course, does open the batting from time to time, so he is a chance, but his shot selection is no where near as good as his sheer hitting power so I personally would't rate him for 200. I'm going to give my bid to Ponting (something I seem to do a little frequently) he's got time, he's getting better and better and loves to hit hard (regardless of whether you think that graphite sticker improves his batting).

I don't think there is any batsman I have seen that makes me think "wow, they are sure to get 200." If any of today's batsman hit it, it will probably be a day when the gods of cricket are smiling on them.

pal said:
exactly, his post = absolute bullcrap, end of story.

In ODI, no matter how good an allrounder Flintoff is, he can't get close to Sehwag in batting, but he is a good player.. Sehwag is just on a whole another level in batting compared to Flintoff.

I agree, his post didn't make much sense, he is making a reference to the match when Shahid hit that century in 45 balls and Pakistan was at 252/6 or something near that, but I ask him so what? If Afridi had been notout and in flow, he could have gotten that century in the next 50-70 balls and I am sure Pakistan would have existed that long.. I still think Afridi edges out Sehwag just because of that blitzkrieg he unleashes once in a while..

I am an Indian and proud to be one .But I dont undermine the facts .Cos they remain to be he important factors.

We all know if Afridi remains there till the 40 th over he will do it .No doubt bout that but also no doubt that his tenure at the crease is not likely to be that long .Seriously how many would bet for Afridi opening the innings and finishing the innings off .

And if u all see I havent noticed Sehwag as well .Cos hes in the same mode as Afridi .My options are more genuine .

Hayden ,Astle this dont play for India do they ???

Seeing Astles innings against England (200 one)and against USA (ICC) and

Hyden's ruthless hitting with the sheer name of the batting god SACHIN compleetes the probables.

This guys open the innings And thus stand a chance

fardin said:
Just ask him where he is from then you will find out why.

This answers u as well Fardin doesnt it ??

Another possible candidate, Marcus Trescothick. OK, not very likely, but I wouldn't put it past him on his day. Hard hitting, likes to attack and generally scores quickly. Unlikely I know, but not impossible.

Players like Sehwag and Gilchrist do sound like better options though.

Sehwag is the real contender for this along with adam!, but who know on his day Brian Lara will smash a cool double ton unexp!, what do u think?

Boss

as it often happens in cricket, someone totally unexpected may hit first 200..who knows Ganguly may do it. ;)

Ya!, think dada will roar in to his form with a double ton in his come back match!,

Boss

I find it pretty mindboggling that guys saw it fit to leave this man out:

050116131355.rs8islxv0b.jpg

Code:
 M  	 Inns  	 NO  	 50s  	 100s  	 HS  	 Runs  	 Avg  	 Ca  	 St
 112  	 109  	 6  	 23  	 9  	 *153  	 3972  	 38.56  	 48  	 0

In short a short career he has already passed the 150 mark 3 times and have had other scores of 140 and 132*, and considering he opens the batting he has as good a chance as any of the other batsmen named.

When he's is in full flow, he's unmatched.

very possible. I remember a first over 6 he hit off Gillespie in one of VB series games..huge.

Yep, anyone remember his 6 fours he creamed off one Hoggard over last year, and that was in Test cricket.

jonah said:
Yep, anyone remember his 6 fours he creamed off one Hoggard over last year, and that was in Test cricket.

And he still managed to give that laid back look he always has. It was the first time in tests that six boundary's had been hit in a over I think. I may be wrong on that though.

Users who are viewing this thread