2003/04 VB Series (Aus, Ind, Zim) (HARD)

squiz

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
VB Series: Game 1

Australia (User) vs Zimbabwe

MATCH INFORMATION

• Green Pitch
  • Warm Weather
  • 20 Over Match
  • Hard Difficulty
SQUAD
M. Hayden
A. Gilchrist
R. Ponting
D. Martyn
B. Hodge
A. Symonds
I. Harvey
S. Warne
J. Gillespie
S MacGill
G. McGrath

MATCH REPORT
The Zimbabwean captain Heath Streak won the toss and suprisingly decided to bat first. It started out to be a good descision with the first wicket falling when the score was at 45 runs. Some good bowling from Ian Harvey put Zimbabwe on the ropes at 4/49 losing 4 wickets for 4 runs. But a good partnership between Stuart Matsikenyeri and Tatenda Taibu got things back on track. Zimbabwe were 4/80 until Warne Struck and they lost 3 wickets without scoring a run. Two big strikes of the ball from Ray Price got the score from 9/100 to all out for 112 from only 13 overs. It was a reasonably good score to defend, but it certainly could of been better.

Australia had a relatively easy chase on their hands needing 112 runs from 20 at a run rate of only 5.6 runs per over. They didn't make the brightest start losing the wicket of the ever so dangerous Gilchrist for only 2 runs. A 53 runs partnership between Hayden and Ponting put the result almost out of doubt. Australia were 2/84 when the spin bowling of Ray Price struck. He first dismissed Hayden on 63, then next ball Brad Hodge, but Symonds kept out the Hat-trick ball. The next over for Price Symonds was clean bowled, and the next ball after that Harvey was caught in the outfield. 2 more wickets fell and Australia looked like they were down and out. They needed 6 more runs of 5 overs, so the run rate wasn't anything to be concerned about. Price still had 4 deliveries left in his last over, but McGrath defended them well and no more spin was to be faced. Australia got 5 runs of the 18th over of the innings, and Australia won by 1 wicket. The "Man of the Match" was awarded to Ray Price for his figures for 6/10, and a score of 12*.

Last edited:
Excellent game there Squiz although I suppose you should have awarded Mcgrath the MOM;) Surely mate, Mcgrath and his coach Steve Waugh will be over the moon with his effort with the bat in the game you played.

Hmm.... Warnie is back as well, interesting ;)

hey squiz, were u using any of the AI patches to keep the zimbabwe run rate reasonable... i go for 15+ runs/over in 20ov odi's :(

nah i dont use any patches ATM, i used it before this game to test it and the placement variation was real good, but i played my World Championship without the patch so i had to continue without the patch

VB Series: Game 2

Australia (User) vs India

MATCH INFORMATION

• Hard Pitch
  • Warm Weather
  • 20 Over Match
  • Hard Difficulty
SQUAD
M. Hayden
A. Gilchrist
R. Ponting
A. Symonds
D. Martyn
M. Clarke
I. Harvey
S. Warne
J. Gillespie
S MacGill
G. McGrath

MATCH REPORT
Sourav Ganguly won the toss and elected to bat first. It would've been a good toss to lose. Tendulkar and Sehwag opened the batting and it looked like India were going to set a decent total smashing McGrath's First Delivery for a boundary. Next ball he made a single and gave the strike to Sehwag. He didn't last long in the middle, trying to hit McGrath out of the ground, but instead hitting it right down the outfielders throat. The Next over Tendulkar received a jaffar of a delivery pitching on middle and swinging out, just clipping off stump. The next 3 wickets fell for only 12 runs and India were in trouble at 5/34. A 15 run partnership between Mongia and Kaif was ended by Harvey with a half volley outside off stump, and Mongia just chipping it up to Michael Clarke. Harbhajan Singh didn't last long at the crease being dismissed by Glen McGrath. Muhamad Kaif had been involved in 5 partnerships this innings was looking the dangerman before being clean bowled a Stuart MacGill Wrong 'Un. The next batsman that Australia needed out was Zaheer Khan and was dismissed shortly after Kaif for only a well made 21 runs. He was clearly the standout batsman for India. India were all out for a dismal 83 runs off 11 overs. The best bowling figures was that of Ian Harvey; 4/24 off 4 overs.

83 would be a hard score to defend and India were never in the game. The first ball that was bowled in the innings was dispatched through cover fora boundary, and the second ball was smashed over long on for a big six. There were boundaries all over the ground from Hayden. Gilchrist acknoledged that he was the inform batsman and tried getting the singles till he could get enough confidence to hit over the top. The 50 run partnership between these two batsmen was hit of 6 overs, and of them 50 runs 41 belonged to Matthew Hayden. Hayden finally reached his 50 off 24 balls. That was hayden's second consecutive 50. From this point gilchrist let loose and he reached 27 runs before Australia managed to chase down the small total, and fittingly Hayden finished it off with a boundary over Mid on. Hayden finished on 55* and Gilchrist 27*. The "Man of the Match" was awarded to Ian Harvey for his bowling efforts, and Australia lead the points table infront of Zimbabwe, then India.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread