2014 World Cup Group B: Spain, Netherlands, Chile, Australia

Dipak

ICC Board Member
Oh yeah but come on it's not as if the defender had any time to get his hands out of the way.
It's harsh on the defender, I agree. But according to the rules it's a straight-forward penalty, and ould have been unfair on Aus if they weren't awarded one.

Is it me or does anyone else think that Casillas could've done slightly better in preventing that second goal? He's had a shocking tournament. Can you imagine the uproar if they don't manage to beat the Aussies
Yeah, he's had a shocker. Casillas and Costa haven't been at their best really. :/

Lee1981

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
Again watching Costa play has me really concerned at his arrival at chelsea.

Gonna be an epic fail. :facepalm

Ohm

User Title Purchaser
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Costa

attachment.php

Attachments

• ggjjgj.jpg
    ggjjgj.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 78

War

Chairman of Selectors
I think it was as much hunger as it was a failing of tiki-taka, they just didn't look that bothered.

the funny thing about the demise of tiki-taka has been that teams have dismantled it by adopting its accompanying high pressing style, the defensive part of it works just fine.

It's not so much barca that should be worried, it's bayern, as guardiola spends millions and pushes brilliant players out the door for not suiting a system that may have had its day.

Ye that's the thing, people are saying Spain just need a younger fresher team & the could impose back tiki-taka - but a fresh bayern team using that tactics was rolled over by Madrid.

So that's a clear sign that tiki-taka is no longer the tactic that no one has a answer for. For the time being the style used by the Madrid teams this year & Bayern before Pep, Dortmund last year - is the flavor of the day for now.

----------

How did Costa play yesterday? Did he get chances to score and missed or did he not get enough chances?

I think Costa probably has not totally recovered from the injury he suffered at the end of the La Liga season, plus also the style Spain were playing didn't help him much.

War

Chairman of Selectors
Interesting stat: Today is the First Dutch line-up without a Van since 1996.

Users who are viewing this thread