2014 World Cup Group A: Brazil, Croatia, Mexico, Cameroon

thedon5

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Surprised at how easy Mexico swept aside Croatia here. This coach has surely got them playing much better than their struggling qualifying campaign.

Not sure what makes you think it was easy... Croatia had to go hell for leather to get the goal to have a chance of going through and obviously left gaps doing so for Mexico to come in and take advantage of. Croatia are the better team but Mexico held all the cards.

StinkyBoHoon

National Board President
mexicans are surely in the running for bargain bin team of the tournament. quite a few of their players have caught the eye. Layun looks capable of putting in a shift down the flank, final ball's rubbish but I think he'll still get picked up by someone.

War

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Not sure what makes you think it was easy... Croatia had to go hell for leather to get the goal to have a chance of going through and obviously left gaps doing so for Mexico to come in and take advantage of. Croatia are the better team but Mexico held all the cards.

I take your point that on paper they are a better team, at least on recent fomr - but even with Mexico holding the cards going into the game - i didn't thin Mexico played a defensive game.

El Trini played pretty normally & i thought their hustling and harrying in mid-field prevented Modric/Rakitic from having much of an influence.

Users who are viewing this thread