2014 World Cup Group D: Uruguay, Costa Rica, England, Italy

War

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Because he bit someone during a game of football: its exclusively his own fault and if Liverpool want someone to blame, they should blame him and not FIFA for the punishment that he gets. Using that logic: banning any player for any offence ever is "unfair" to someone! It isn't unprecedented; Cantona was (rightfully) banned for attacking a fan shouting abuse at him: and that affected both United and France. Was that "unfair" to the French national team?.

Hmm fair point this.

SpitfiresKent

ICC Board Member
ZIM...
Profile Flag
England
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Under the terms of the ban, Suarez cannot train with Liverpool

^I'm not too sure about this though, don't understand the reasoning behind it but I suppose he'll just train back home in Uruguay under the supervision of one of the Liverpool backroom staff (that's if he's still a Liverpool player of course).

StinkyBoHoon

National Board President
^I'm not too sure about this though, don't understand the reasoning behind it but I suppose he'll just train back home in Uruguay under the supervision of one of the Liverpool backroom staff (that's if he's still a Liverpool player of course).

it does seem a bit stupid, I think though it has something to do with what FIFA can actually impose as a punishment. I think it's that they can't really ban him from football matches they have no jurisdiction over so they had to ban him for any involvement in football at all, which they can do as the overall head of the sport.

that aspect seems a bit silly, maybe they should just break his leg and tell him he's good to go whenever it heals.

Epic

Panel of Selectors
Because he bit someone during a game of football: its exclusively his own fault and if Liverpool want someone to blame, they should blame him and not FIFA for the punishment that he gets. Using that logic: banning any player for any offence ever is "unfair" to someone! It isn't unprecedented; Cantona was (rightfully) banned for attacking a fan shouting abuse at him: and that affected both United and France. Was that "unfair" to the French national team?

Rumours are that Liverpool are considering his future as well: since the Ajax biting incident he's been banned for 36 League games and 9 internationals; and that's before this ban. That's without receiving any red cards as well! He's a good enough player but his attitude stinks and Liverpool are paying a fortune for a player that has been banned for pretty much a full season worth of games in four years: for such fine things as racism and biting. All of my Liverpool fan friends are saying that the club really should think of finding someone who may not be as good: but might actually treat themselves, their competitors and football with the respect that it deserves.

It is a bit unfair on Pool in that they technically released a player on their books to go serve his nation, and he comes back with a worldwide 4 match ban, the blame lies on Suarez, but it doesn't change the fact that it's unfair on Pool.

I've been looking around and no report clarifies whether the bans will be pushed back with Uruguay's appeal, if it is, this could end up hurting Pool even more...

Epic

Panel of Selectors
BBC Sport - Luis Suarez bite: 'I lost my balance and fell on Chiellini'

:facepalm WOW :lol this suarez denial by himself, his team mates, coach, Uruguay FA president & the national president has to worst case of self brainwash since American Republicans kept telling the world that Iraq had WMDs.

I'm convinced RAWK were behind putting this defense together.

Venezuelan President Claims the Whole of Latin America is Behind Luis Suarez | FTBpro

Looks like everybody in Latin America has been bitten by a stupid bug :facepalm

What a burden that must be, to represent a whole bicontinental region of people. :rolleyes

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread