2014 World Cup Group G: Germany, Portugal, Ghana, USA

War

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Portugal's goal-keeper today looking unusually short.

Sahil 7

Panel of Selectors
Portugal very lucky to be survive there. Ronaldo has to deliver in the last big game against ghana.

SpitfiresKent

ICC Board Member
ZIM...
Profile Flag
England
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I like the look of this US team. They don't possess a lot of skill & trickery but their work rate is second to none.

Sahil 7

Panel of Selectors
Portugal should be very happy on that 2 key players missing. lets hope some magic from Ronaldo and Portugal to qualify for last 16

SpitfiresKent

ICC Board Member
ZIM...
Profile Flag
England
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4

On Wednesday, the national government sent in excess of $3m (?1.8m) in a chartered plane to Brazil to pay the squad following their threat to boycott their final group match against Portugal if they did not receive their money

Why didn't they just pay the money into the players bank accounts instead of flying it half way around the world to them?

...Actually, it should be an honour to play for your country and players demanding payment for appearances should be ashamed, they already get paid enough by their clubs anyway.

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Why didn't they just pay the money into the players bank accounts instead of flying it half way around the world to them?

...Actually, it should be an honour to play for your country and players demanding payment for appearances should be ashamed, they already get paid enough by their clubs anyway.

It sounds to me like a symbol from the Ghana authorities. 'Look, our greedy players won't play for their country unless we give them this huge amount of cash...' Makes a better statement than if they had just put it into their bank accounts.

Epic

Panel of Selectors

I don't think I agree with that, the players are commodities and the FAs make money off of them, and are paid money by FIFA for taking part in the WC, which without the players, Ghana or anyone for that matter would have no role to play in. :rolleyes

Users who are viewing this thread