2014 World Cup Group F: Argentina, Bosnia-Hercegovina, Iran, Nigeria

War

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Ha that Arg vs Iran game was similar to the England vs Trinidad game in W Cup 2006. Thank god Messi scored, it would have been a travesty for Itan with just 23% possession to have gotten a point.

Sahil 7

Panel of Selectors
Brilliant from messi scoring goal on injury time. But have to give credit for iran they defended well

ParkedTheBus

International Coach
Profile Flag
Australia
Omeruo was very good against Bosnia, IMHO. Very aggressive in his defending, would make runs forward 20 yards or so to intercept passes. Very positive defending. But still knew when to back off. Could see him suiting the aggressive attacking style we?re(CFC) trying to go for nicely. Got the speed for it too. He got worked by Edin on a couple of late headers though, was very lucky that Enyeama was there in the right place at the right time. So this is the 4th world-class striker/forward who Omeruo has kept quiet- Suarez, Cavani, Drog and now Edin.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Brilliant from messi scoring goal on injury time. But have to give credit for iran they defended well

They didn't just defend well - they could have very easily won that game and that's no exaggeration. Just goes to show what can happen when you have a legend like Messi in the team though - all he needs is one moment.

England should watch that match - all 90 minutes of it. Iran's performance - a supposedly massively inferior footballing nation - should make them hang their heads in shame. Iran probably would've beaten England playing like that. :facepalm

----------

Resolute defending by Iran, they parked the bus. Argentina had a tough time. Messi saved them though.

Not in the second half they didn't - they attacked Argentina freely and looked dangerous every time!

Dipak

ICC Board Member
Yeah. They did force Romero to make a couple of good saves, but then they did park the bus in the first half.

ParkedTheBus

International Coach
Profile Flag
Australia
Evenly poised atm, even though Argentina have the lead and the momentum. Does anyone know why Nicolas Otamendi is not in the squad?

shravi

National Board President
Profile Flag
India
Messi. What a player. Single handedly carried Argentina through the group stage. Now that Suarez has disgraced himself and all but ruined Uruguay's chances, and Gerrard has gone home as expected, I want one of Messi and Ronaldo to win the World Cup so that they don't have that hanging over their heads at the end of their careers.

Epic

Panel of Selectors
I think both of them have another WC left in them, maybe even 2 in Messi's case. While my allegiance lies with Brazil, I really wouldn't mind if Argentina or Portugal won the WC, more so Argentina than Portugal, really been disappointed with how poor Portugal have been.

War

Chairman of Selectors
If Ronaldo plays another world cup, he probably won't be at his peak anymore. In fact its possible Portugal might be out in the 1st round here. But i hope if that happens, people don't hold it against Ronaldo because he didn't have a dominant world cup - but consider his Portugal team is average & he is playing injured ATM.

----------

On Argentina, Aguero still not fit, seems to still be carrying those injuries that affected him at city. So ATM ARG strike force is only names, cause only Messi performing.

This is where leaving out Tevez will continue to be a big issue, unless the others step up.

Users who are viewing this thread