22 Feb - England vs Netherlands

Cooper and ten Doeschate been averaged 60+ in one-day if this two put a partnership of about 100 then I'm sure they'd get a total of 260+

I quite like the way they are batting- SENSIBLE.

The important thing for them is to keep wickets in hand and not collapse like Zimbabwe the other night. Anything in excess of 250, expect their bowlers to stride in and give the English a tough time.

Also remember that England ain't playing many spinenrs today as opposed to Holland who do have 3-4 spinners in their rank.

Awesome match so far

Ha ha ! Cooper is out after being dropped on the previous delivery. Anyway, he was going a tad slow. Zuiderent and De Grooth, hard hitters to follow. bUt the Dutch need to up the ante here.

Was just going through some past data. England and Holland have come face-to-face twice in the Cricket World Cup, both times, England has won.

1996 Won by 49 runs.

2003 Won by 7 wickets

Though the 2003 performance wasn't great, in 1996, the Dutch posted around 230 which is a good effort for a team playing in the WC for the first time ever.

Good going by the dutch. I hope they make at least 270 and give England a real run for their money. :thumbs

Wish Dirk Nannes played for Holland their bowling would have got some boost for sure

Nannes is now playing for Japan. He intends to ensure that the Japs qualify for 2015 :p

Haha..

I think the Dutch are waiting for Swanns bowling to get over only 9 deliveries left and yes that could be a good tactic and I think they should immediately take the batting power play then to up the ante andand get things going.

Lol at that mess by Anderson and Pitersen and and Lloyd says its English cricket :p

Naseer is also praying for Holland to win and prays for Doeschate scoring a century

Come on up the ante Netherlands

What a talent this, Doeschate! Always liked him, solid technique and a very good temperament. Loving this so far but, don't think England batters will miss out on such a good pitch. Bowlers just need to keep it down to 250-260.

Even if they score a run a ball they will score 260 odd runs and seeing they have taken a batting powerplay it seems more will definitely..

----------

In Mark's way of saying England are getting ***** by Doeschate :p

Sloppy in the field bowling being worst except Swanns spell.

Nice century by Ryan keep it up buddy and keep the assault on England on :D love too see England getting owned :p

Last edited:
Could be approaching 300, which is not typically a score you'd favour England to chase. They shouldn't get out to most of the bowling, but the sheer workload becomes it's own threat.

Users who are viewing this thread