22 Feb - England vs Netherlands

292/6

Fantastic work by the Nederland's batsmen. Just hope their bowlers are up to the task here.

Incidentally,is this the highest score by an Associate/non-Test nation v a Test nation ?

:eek:

England looked really pathetic out there, They have been really out of sorts after the Ashes victory.

They have the batting to chase it down though, so it will be an interesting match.

I cannot put into words how much I've enjoyed watching those last few overs. I expect England will chase this down, but just to hear Botham on commentary absolutely fuming and probably trying his damndest not to go medieval on this English team was worth it. A great innings by ten Doeschate, and if the Dutch can rid of KP early, they will have a chance.

Even before the start of the match, Bumble voiced his concerns about England having difficulties with the lower ranked teams- Nederlands and Ireland.

We Support you Netherlands.. Go and win it..great entertainment,iam really happy dont know why..

292/6

Fantastic work by the Nederland's batsmen. Just hope their bowlers are up to the task here.

Incidentally,is this the highest score by an Associate/non-Test nation v a Test nation ?

Yes, it is. Next highest is Kenya's 284/7 v ZIM back in 2006 (I think they were a Test side back then). If not, then Kenya's 265/5 against India in 1998.

----------

From the stream, the crowd is firmly behind the Oranje. I think there's a few thousands in there, enough to create an atmosphere, and they were cheering every Dutch run.

Just having a look at where it all went wrong, Holland were looking set for a modest total but then the game turned on its head

HOLLAND

149/4 (first 32.5 overs, 4.54 rpo)
143/2 (last 17.1 overs, 8.33 rpo)

Massive turnaround when England had been in control, while the commentator's 'rule of thumb' is double the score at 30 overs, that you wouldn't expect from a minnow and with four wickets down. Not quite the middle overs I usually refer to, but a disastrous bowling collapse - or whatever the bowling equivalent is.

Bowling - a game of two halves, well 3/5 and 2/5

Anderson 5-0-27-0
Broad 5-0-23-0
Bresnan 7-0-29-1
Swann 7.5-0-20-2
Collingwood 6-0-28-1
Pietersen 2-0-19-0

Extras I guess 3

Anderson 5-0-45-0
Broad 5-0-42-2
Bresnan 3-0-20-0
Swann 2.1-0-15-0
Collingwood 2-0-18-0

Extras I guess 3 (again)

Anderson came back to bowl the 40th over at 186/4, conceded two runs but then conceded a whopping 43 runs off his last four overs. At the end of said over Ten Doeschate was just 67no off 83 balls, he hit another 52 runs off his last 27 balls at two runs a ball until the one that got him out.

Sad really that Danny Murphy, I mean Peter Borren, can get 35 off 24 balls with his highest score in the World Cup having previously scored just 26 runs previously in three knocks.

From the stream, the crowd is firmly behind the Oranje. I think there's a few thousands in there, enough to create an atmosphere, and they were cheering every Dutch run.

It certainly didn't seem like when the teams ran out for the national anthems.
But,at present it does seem so.

Btw, Nagpur is known as the 'City of Oranges'. So, the place would have something in store for the Dutch.

the over-rated english team exposed badly :p

:D

The match is about to start and it seems like Nasser Hussain has already conceded defeat. He's started talking about the major upsets in Cricket World Cup history.

Well that was nothing less than a disgraceful performance from our boys . James Anderson you beauty , since when are you gonna learn to bowl atleast moderately in the SC conditions ?? And you have the guts to put your name in the IPL auction list when you are so fascinating to watch for the opposition in the SC ! And now , lets talk about our inspirational skipper , Andrew Strauss ! Gentleman , what exactly were you thinking when you named Bopara in the playing XI ?? Aah , i get it ,drop yardy and play him to strengthen a strange batting lineup, not allow him to bowl a single delivery and instead give KP the ball who happens to bowl 12 rubbish deliveries . :rolleyes

England FTL :clap

Yes, it is. Next highest is Kenya's 284/7 v ZIM back in 2006 (I think they were a Test side back then). If not, then Kenya's 265/5 against India in 1998.

----------

Zimbabwe got Test status in 1992, Bangladesh in 2000 and Sri Lanka in 1982, at least that is the year of their first Tests. Think all other Test nations were thus before the first World Cup - South Africa being an odd case, but then they were banned before their re-entry to Test cricket.

But i do have a gut feeling this match was fixed given the strange incidents that occured : Swann dropping a sitter and looking at the sky ; Poor Broady's wicket ruled out to a disgraceful no -ball ... that is not England to me . :spy

But i do have a gut feeling this match was fixed given the strange incidents that occured : Swann dropping a sitter and looking at the sky ; Poor Broady's wicket ruled out to a disgraceful no -ball ... that is not England to me . :spy

If that is what you want to believe to make yourself feel better.

Users who are viewing this thread