22 Feb - England vs Netherlands

The match is about to start and it seems like Nasser Hussain has already conceded defeat. He's started talking about the major upsets in Cricket World Cup history.

:lol I would love to see dutch winning this battle, because I've lost resect for english team for this act of theirs

Cracking start by England

Looks like Strauss is "up for it" today, why doesn't he show his more aggressive nature more often?

Just plucked this off BBC :

For those of you keen to see how Kevin Pietersen adapts to his new role up the order, this is quite possibly the best example of batting for the team you will ever see. Having browsed his stats through batting positions, he averages a whopping 116.33 batting at five (from 12 innings ), which drips considerably when he comes in at three to 27.38 (23 matches). (in live commentary timed 13.15)

Hussain has lost it. This is going to be fun. I bet England want to avenge the World T20 defeat here and in the heat of the moment, they may very well end up losing a few wickets and then ultimately the game.

But i do have a gut feeling this match was fixed given the strange incidents that occured : Swann dropping a sitter and looking at the sky ; Poor Broady's wicket ruled out to a disgraceful no -ball ... that is not England to me . :spy

ya ya..whatever when any team loses to some minnow team everyone says that..good way to say when nederlands made 293 against england..and you say that match is fixed lol :mad...Mate remember it is cricket anything possible at any time..

Zimbabwe got Test status in 1992, Bangladesh in 2000 and Sri Lanka in 1982, at least that is the year of their first Tests. Think all other Test nations were thus before the first World Cup - South Africa being an odd case, but then they were banned before their re-entry to Test cricket.

Oh I was referring to the Zims rescinding their own test status sometime after the 2003 WC. It was basically due to the country being in turmoil and cricket infrastructure going to hell. Zims haven't played a Test in years. Statsguru tells me that the Zims last Test came in September 2005. So they weren't Test class in 2006.

If that is what you want to believe to make yourself feel better.

Let me tell you our bowling might have been really bad , but Swann to me is one of the finest fielders who had possessed safe hands always during his stint at the slips . So i did feel that part surprisng .

But i do have a gut feeling this match was fixed given the strange incidents that occured : Swann dropping a sitter and looking at the sky ; Poor Broady's wicket ruled out to a disgraceful no -ball ... that is not England to me .

May be there's spot fixing going on? :rolleyes But biased ICC wont look into it :yes

But i do have a gut feeling this match was fixed given the strange incidents that occured : Swann dropping a sitter and looking at the sky ; Poor Broady's wicket ruled out to a disgraceful no -ball ... that is not England to me . :spy

Here we have an Associate nation doing commendably and what you come up with is a stinking conspiracy theory. Don`t you want this game to grow outside of its traditional countries?

If the Dutch can at least take this close, it would go a long way in giving this event a global feel to it. You would`nt get the World feel to a World Cup with just 8 or 10 nations in it. I`m really rooting for Netherlands even more than I was for India during the opening game.

Go Oranje!

I have always loved the Dutch, whichever sport they may be in. They need a couple of wickets here quickly, especially that of KP.

I have always loved the Dutch, whichever sport they may be in. They need a couple of wickets here quickly, especially that of KP.

Looks like a tall order at the moment.

:lol I would love to see dutch winning this battle, because I've lost resect for english team for this act of theirs

The Sun are the experts at pulling a headline out of a quote, even though that headline isn't in the quote. Try reading it again.

Terrible effort in the field by England, still think we'll get the total though.

Just got up now and saw the scorecard. Amazing batting performance by the Dutch, they'll surely win it from here now.

Let me tell you our bowling might have been really bad , but Swann to me is one of the finest fielders who had possessed safe hands always during his stint at the slips . So i did feel that part surprisng .

And let me assure you much much better fielders have dropped catches, doesn't mean those matches were fixed.

Users who are viewing this thread