IPL 24th match - Rajasthan Royals v Chennai Super Kings

AkshayS

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Venue:Sardar Patel Stadium, Motera, Ahmedabad

Both teams are looking equal while RR is high on confidence with a hattrick of wins while Chennai would want to forget their loss against Mumbai.
Let's see what happens.

Players to watch: Matthew Hayden, Suresh Raina, L Balaji
Shane Warne, Michael Dumb, Adam Voges

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Uphill task for Chennai to arrest the slide, but Rajasthan without their big players are definitely easier than others (although RR are on a high with 3 successive wins)

This would be my team for this match

AB Karthik
ML Hayden
SK Raina
MS Dhoni
HK Badani
S Badrinath
JA Morkel
L Balaji
R Ashwin
M Muralitharan
T Thushara

Try Badani, Arun Karthik and Thushara. Bring back Ashwin, who has been quite good for CSK in our first few games. Dhoni should bat above Badrinath no matter how good Badri is.

rocky_g

International Cricketer
Uphill task for Chennai to arrest the slide, but Rajasthan without their big players are definitely easier than others (although RR are on a high with 3 successive wins)

AB Karthik
ML Hayden
SK Raina
MS Dhoni
HK Badani
S Badrinath
JA Morkel
L Balaji
R Ashwin
M Muralitharan
T Thushara

Try Badani, Arun Karthik and Thushara. Bring back Ashwin, who has been quite good for CSK in our first few games. Dhoni should bat above Badrinath no matter how good Badri is.

No chance dude. Warnie will pwn Chennai Super Queens again. Remember 92 all out and who can forget that 2008 IPL final? :laugh

I hope Pune buys Dhoni, Hayden and Raina. ;) CSQ is my least fav team with average non deserving players(like Murali vijay), poor fielding unit, Venkatesh Prasad, and it doesnt help when Srikanth is also there.

What a team he selected for T20 WC. CSK deserve to finish last in the all the upcoming IPLs. :mad::mad: Only good thing i like about Chennai is their crowd. Very passionate and knowledgable. Infact the best in India.

Last edited:

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
No chance dude. Warnie will pwn Chennai Super Queens again. Remember 92 all out and who can forget that 2008 IPL final? :laugh

I hope Pune buys Dhoni, Hayden and Raina. ;) CSQ is my least fav team with average non deserving players(like Murali vijay), poor fielding unit, Venkatesh Prasad, and it doesnt help when Srikanth is also there.

What a team he selected for T20 WC. CSK deserve to finish last in the all the upcoming IPLs. :mad::mad: Only good thing i like about Chennai is their crowd. Very passionate and knowledgable. Infact the best in India.

Yeah, and CSK will sit quiet and not buy any good and star players??:sarcasm Your hate for Chennai seems to be borne more out of the 'regionalistic bias' that many North and other centre people have towards South (and especially Tamil). CSK is a poor fielding unit? Whooohoooo.... We have a very good fielding side with the likes of Raina, Badrinath, Hayden, Vijay (who is a above average fielder and a safe hand), Muralitharan, Balaji (who has a good throw), etc. You are just jealous that with Srikanth as the national selector now, South players are getting their chances in the national side and so you're venting out your anger on Chennai Super Kings.

Most likely Dhoni and Hayden will stay back with Chennai on a mutual agreement (Chennai wouldnt want to let go of both, and Hayden loves Chennai and it seems to me that Dhoni too likes Chennai). I am not sure about Raina, and I wouldnt care much if Raina goes out of Chennai Super Kings (maybe we will get a better player). Raina's fielding is brilliant, but his batting has more or less become slogging. The boy is an awesome talent, but loses his head quite often and plays senseless at times. And his short ball problem is just getting more media light.

Last edited:

rocky_g

International Cricketer
Yeah, and CSK will sit quiet and not buy any good and star players??:sarcasm Your hate for Chennai seems to be borne more out of the 'regionalistic bias' that many North and other centre people have towards South (and especially Tamil). CSK is a poor fielding unit? Whooohoooo.... We have a very good fielding side with the likes of Raina, Badrinath, Hayden, Vijay (who is a above average fielder and a safe hand), Muralitharan, Balaji (who has a good throw), etc. You are just jealous that with Srikanth as the national selector now, South players are getting their chances in the national side and so you're venting out your anger on Chennai Super Kings.
Dude mind your tongue. What do you mean by regionalistic bias? Show me where did i say that before accusing me of that? :facepalm

I didnt say i dont like Chennai or people from chennai. I have many friends from there. Are you surprised? :sarcasm I said i dont like Chennai Super Kings team because of the few undeserving individuals who keep playing for them like Murali Vijay, Gony, Joginder Sharma. And yes they are a very poor fielding unit. Ask that to anyone who has followed Chennai Super Kings matches in all the IPL's. Even Dhoni admitted that. :laugh

Dont tell me Rohit Sharma and Piyush Chawla are from South. Cheeka is a horrible selector and yeah he is associated with CSK so there is another reason i want them to lose every single match. :mad:

This is not regionalistic bias this is IPL where R Sathish from Chennai plays for Mumbai, Parthiv from Gujrat plays for Chennai and boney_g from Delhi supports Mumbai Indians. Got the point now? ;)

If you are too sensitive that you can't take criticism from fans then go and watch golf. Tiger Woods is waiting for you. :p

Last edited:

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
I am not sensitive. Where did you get this feeling that I cant take criticism? I was just posting my opinion on why you dont like Chennai Super Kings. If you dont agree with it, well you have every right to state it.

When did Dhoni state in the recent IPL that Chennai's fielding is not good? I know he said it in the last IPL (then we definitely were ordinary in fieldin) but I dont remember him saying it in this IPL. Murali Vijay is not undeserving. He has played for the national side, and also he is considered a future international player. Technically he is far better than Suresh Raina, Rohit Sharma and has the temperament to succeed. As Sachin has shown thsi IPL, you always dont need guys who hammer the ball high and long. You can maintain a good T20 strike rate by just playing along the ground. I know CSK havent picked good bowlers (thats our weakness, I accept) and have picked guys like Gony, Joginder, etc. But this is the last season before the contracts are done with and the re-shuffling comes in. Balaji has done well on and off (he has blown hot and cold). Morkel hasnt been up to the mark for us this season. But still even with our bowling, we can manage because our batting is quite strong with Hayden, Raina, Dhoni, Morkel, Badrinath (who has done very well), etc.

Your reason that Srikanth is our ambassador and so you hate the team is laughable. Again, its your opinion but my opinion is that a team shouldnt be rated on its ambassadors/owners. Dont rate KKR on SRK, KXIP on Preity, etc. You have all right to hate Chennai but the reasons you gave it made me feel as if you were venting out a regionalistic bias on us. I still feel the same way!

Cricketman

ICC Chairman
The task is simple for Chennai. Get Yusuf Pathan early and the match is won, simple as that.

rocky_g

International Cricketer
I am not sensitive. Where did you get this feeling that I cant take criticism? I was just posting my opinion on why you dont like Chennai Super Kings. If you dont agree with it, well you have every right to state it.

When did Dhoni state in the recent IPL that Chennai's fielding is not good? I know he said it in the last IPL (then we definitely were ordinary in fieldin) but I dont remember him saying it in this IPL. Murali Vijay is not undeserving. He has played for the national side, and also he is considered a future international player. Technically he is far better than Suresh Raina, Rohit Sharma and has the temperament to succeed. As Sachin has shown thsi IPL, you always dont need guys who hammer the ball high and long. You can maintain a good T20 strike rate by just playing along the ground. I know CSK havent picked good bowlers (thats our weakness, I accept) and have picked guys like Gony, Joginder, etc. But this is the last season before the contracts are done with and the re-shuffling comes in. Balaji has done well on and off (he has blown hot and cold). Morkel hasnt been up to the mark for us this season. But still even with our bowling, we can manage because our batting is quite strong with Hayden, Raina, Dhoni, Morkel, Badrinath (who has done very well), etc.

Your reason that Srikanth is our ambassador and so you hate the team is laughable. Again, its your opinion but my opinion is that a team shouldnt be rated on its ambassadors/owners. Dont rate KKR on SRK, KXIP on Preity, etc. You have all right to hate Chennai but the reasons you gave it made me feel as if you were venting out a regionalistic bias on us. I still feel the same way!
Murali Vijay is a deserving T20 player? Where did you get that from? Show me his performances please. He is a test player. He is not even in the league of Dravid and Laxman to play T20's and build inning there.

And when CSK will have good bunch of players i will also support them. If you still think thats a regional bias then let it be it just shows your maturity level. And I thought i explained it already why i dont like CSK.

My fav. team will always be Mumbai Indians and Rajasthan Royals because they give chances to unknown youngsters. And mind you i am from Delhi so here goes your regionalistic bias point.

And i am not rating teams on their owners. I said that is another reason i dont like CSK. Read my posts carefully before assuming things and calling me biased. I won't take that ████. If you think i rate teams and tournaments based on their chairmans, owners and peons then i would have never watched any IPL matches because i dont like Lalit Modi also.

boney_g added 1 Minutes and 54 Seconds later...

The task is simple for Chennai. Get Yusuf Pathan early and the match is won, simple as that.

You need a good bowling attack for that. :spy

Last edited:

Cricketman

ICC Chairman
We don't need a good bowling attack to get Yuseless out. Just luck.

Anyways, we do have a pretty good bowling attack. Murali is a legend, Ashwin is class, Albie is getting some zip, and Balaji is a wicket taker. It's just that 5th bowler that is a pain in the butt. I think we should just play three spinners, bring in Jakati.

Thushara should play also.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK

Yes, if CSK let that guy stay in the middle for sometime, we might as well kiss the match goodbye. I have a feeling Balaji will get Yusuf out tomorrow before he explodes.

rocky_g

International Cricketer
We don't need a good bowling attack to get Yuseless out. Just luck.

Anyways, we do have a pretty good bowling attack. Murali is a legend, Ashwin is class, Albie is getting some zip, and Balaji is a wicket taker. It's just that 5th bowler that is a pain in the butt. I think we should just play three spinners, bring in Jakati.

Thushara should play also.
You are underestimating other RR batsman. :)

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
Murali Vijay is a deserving T20 player? Where did you get that from? Show me his performances please. He is a test player. He is not even in the league of Dravid and Laxman to play T20's and build inning there.

Murali Vijay looks like a test player, but still he has been able to maintain 100+ strike rates in a few innings of the IPL. Or else, why would Dhoni persist with Vijay inspite of him being such an inept player for T20's? Right now, he is dropped (he was dropped last game) but he was given the chances (he is a national player now, and I find it really funny that a national player doesnt play for an IPL team). Comparing Vijay to veterans like Dravid and Laxman is laughable. The boy is upcoming, those are legends (atleast Dravid is).

SaiSrini added 1 Minutes and 26 Seconds later...

You are underestimating other RR batsman. :)

Cant deny the fact that a good day for Yusuf gives a huge advantage to RR, and a bad day for him places good pressure on them. Without the likes of Smith and Mascarenhas, Yusuf has become the key for RR.

Cricketman

ICC Chairman
Yusuf is the talisman. RR are without Smith, Watson, and Dimi. They don't have the guy we failed to twice in 08 either - Sohail Tanvir. They have Yusuf, that is it. Lumb will play a role at the top but that is it. Bowling attack isn't threatening tbh. Warne isn't much of a T20 bowler and his captaincy hasn't lived up to expectations either.

rocky_g

International Cricketer
Murali Vijay looks like a test player, but still he has been able to maintain 100+ strike rates in a few innings of the IPL. Or else, why would Dhoni persist with Vijay inspite of him being such an inept player for T20's? Right now, he is dropped (he was dropped last game) but he was given the chances (he is a national player now, and I find it really funny that a national player doesnt play for an IPL team). Comparing Vijay to veterans like Dravid and Laxman is laughable. The boy is upcoming, those are legends (atleast Dravid is).

Because thats what i hear from Murali Vijay's fans that if Dravid and Laxman can play why can't Vijay? :sarcasm

20 matches 302 runs at an average of 17.76 but yeah he has a strike rate of 114.39 so he deserves to be in the team. :)

In this IPL

5 matches 53 runs avg 13.25 and a whooping strike rate of 110.41

What i don't get is why didn't CSK bid for R.Sathish? He can bowl, bat and he is one of the best fielder in the country right now. Guess what they are too busy finding overseas players. :laugh

boney_g added 2 Minutes and 26 Seconds later...

Yusuf is the talisman. RR are without Smith, Watson, and Dimi. They don't have the guy we failed to twice in 08 either - Sohail Tanvir. They have Yusuf, that is it. Lumb will play a role at the top but that is it. Bowling attack isn't threatening tbh. Warne isn't much of a T20 bowler and his captaincy hasn't lived up to expectations either.

That is what Warne likes. People underestimating his team. ;)

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One

AB Karthik
ML Hayden
SK Raina
MS Dhoni
HK Badani
S Badrinath
JA Morkel
L Balaji
R Ashwin
M Muralitharan
T Thushara

Perfect line up. Only change which I prefer is Gony over Balaji. Or I will still gamble with Tyagi for Balaji. No point in getting 1 wicket and giving away 50 runs in 4 overs. Balaji is competing with Chawla to give most sixes in IPL ( chawla - 35 sixes and Balaji - 30 sixes ) & no wonder why I always rate him(Balaji) as non threatening bowler.

But Dhoni will go with unchanged lineup. :D

Users who are viewing this thread