2nd August Screens

Catch it!

Dive_Dive.jpg

----------

No bowling underarm :noway

shouldn't a silly point be defending itself when a full swing shot is played towards it, a silly point is placed to take catches off edges.

I feel balkeet has a valid point. Those fielders don't try and catch full swing shots.

@Lord Sajjad: Those reflexes look like unrealistic reflexes rather than super reflexes to be honest.

I feel balkeet has a valid point. Those fielders don't try and catch full swing shots.

@Lord Sajjad: Those reflexes look like unrealistic reflexes rather than super reflexes to be honest.

Yeah I totally agree with yudi and balkeet.may be when the gameplay video will be released we will have a better idea.

Yeah...Ross mentioned they had the fielders on super-reflexive (i.e. unrealistic reflexes) mode in the game for the screenshots!! Still....seeing that the fielder is going for the catch instead of ducking, I dont think 'that' part is dependent on super-reflexive settings as it is based on the physics set for animations.....the fielder should have been ducking instead of diving for the ball!!

Yeah...Ross mentioned they had the fielders on super-reflexive (i.e. unrealistic reflexes) mode in the game for the screenshots!! Still....seeing that the fielder is going for the catch instead of ducking, I dont think 'that' part is dependent on super-reflexive settings as it is based on the physics set for animations.....the fielder should have been ducking instead of diving for the ball!!

How do we know for sure it is not an edge?
I mean the fielder looks like he was late on the dive which is common for fielders at close range as they are not really expecting to catch an edge of a full swing shot.

The shot in image is not an edge, it looks like a well timed shot with batsman looking right where he hits the shot, may be there are no ducking animations for close in fielders, ross should throw some light here.

Last edited:
The shot in image is not an edge, it looks like a well timed shot with batsman looking right where he hits the shot, may be there are no ducking animations for close in fielders, ross should throw some light here.
I am quite sure it is because of super-reflexive mode as pointed out by Angad, which should be fine when set to normal.

Last edited:

It most probably is a thick edge....Seeing how much attention has been given to every little thing in this game, It sounds unbelievable that Ross would miss such an important thing.

No matter it's an edge or not, the first reaction of close in fielder to full swing shots should be defensive with turning their back towards batsman.

Users who are viewing this thread