2nd Test: England v Australia at Lord's

Am at work and have been following this on Cricinfo. I have this to say:

The Best Format: Test Cricket
The Best Series: Ashes
King of Kings: Freddie Flintoff

What a win!

Sergio Ramos is ████, though.

Stagger or crawl on is probably more apt for some of our members.
:spy

Freddie, why can't you roll over and die already? You are the only Pom who may have 1/16th Australian in you, so I can't hate you...

Ah well, as evo said, 5 Tests. I won't be upset unless we are losing after 5.

We only need one more win and a draw to take back the Ashes and we're certainly more than capable of that.

Brilliant stuff, this is shaping up to be one of the best series ina long time.

2005 written all over it mate.

Can we have our 3 wickets back now..

Are you still crying about that? We won by over 100 runs. If all those decisions had gone your way, chances are we probably would've still won by 30 or so, especially when you take into account the way Freddy was bowling. Besides which, there was a stonewall LBW which we didn't get, so effectively, it was only two wickets. Also, I'm sure there have been plenty of occasions in the past where umpiring decisions cost us against you Aussies, so as Evertonfan so beautifully put it: be gracious, or jog on!

Unlucky biggy, be gracious or jog on.

Well said!

You're using that phrase so much I've now got a mental picture of all the forum members running round in circles and pausing to post their thoughts every lap.

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!!

Boy that shits me. You could tell we went into today knowing we could win - there was mistake 1 and the only mistake we needed.

Fair play England, well bowled this morning.

Feelin Blue? added 1 Minutes and 38 Seconds later...

He will probably won't be dropped because he proved how handy his lower order runs are.

I was confident that we would get early wickets and that one would be all we'd need to open the door. Fair play to Mitchell, he played really well.

Next Test you can have all 20 back.

Yeps, with scorchmarks from where Freddy has blasted them from the ground.

Sergio Ramos is ████, though.

What the hell has that got to do with anything??

I think both sides were better in 2005. The least worst side will win this time round.
haha, nicely, ah, put.

I feel so un-Australian saying that Flintoff would have to be one of my favorite players. I just think without him England would be much worse off as he seems to lift both the crowd, and more importantly the team, very Shane Warne like. And he genuinely seems like a top bloke.

Micheal Clarke was saying in an interview how in the 2005 series when the Aussie and English players were all having beers together after a match , Freddie had a beer in one hand and trying to open another with his teeth.

Respect +1

" A 115-run victory, England's first Ashes win at Lord's since 1934."

Achievement :clap well played team England, a win in the test series will surely the best gift for the legendary all rounder who is on his way to give up playing test cricket, Andrew Flintoff!

Users who are viewing this thread