2nd Test: England v Australia at Lord's

I think it depends on how quickly we get the last two wickets, and how the weather is, if it looks good for bowling, then bowl.

Well done England. Very good performance today, good captaincy too.

yea get Hooper on the PC review for the days play. love to hear what he thinks of the days play

I think real test of captaincy is on pitch like Cardiff when flat track bullies are on fire.

That bullies part was for Ben though if he read as guest.

I think it'd make more sense to enforce the follow-on were it not for the inevitability that Aus would make 750-6 or something.
Indeed, well maybe not quite, but it is true that it is easy to accidentally hand over an advantage with such a big decision. Often it's best just to stick to the basics. England don't have a tired attack and this pitch won't break up, but there's every chance that tomorrow is going to be a nice day for batting. The threat of rain and cloud cover could mean they will want to finish the game quickly, but it's always a gamble to try to plan around rain.

We need to enforce the follow on for the simple reason that we're rubbish at knowing when to declare. We seem to think that unless we have a 4th innings lead of 600 and one session left a declaration is too dangerous.

The follow-on is must for tomorrow. This Lord's pitch is only going to get flatter as this test goes on and on Day 5 it will be dead. England should be batting at that point and anything around 200-220 can be attained.

Users who are viewing this thread