2nd Test: England v Australia at Lord's

Ponting is really beginning to piss me off, what a sore loser. All that whinging when he got run out in 2005, and his whinging at the end of the last test and today he was plumb LBW and his reaction to that. And also yesterday when he took a catch off the pad and runs to the umpire showing him the ball.

The follow-on decision is going to be interesting, it's not a decision we have much success with in the past and listening to Jimmy tonight I think they are going to make them bat again. When teams bat twice in a row they don't normally tend to make the same mistakes twice.

It was a "catch", when he didn't hit it. He shouldn't of been given caught.

Terrible batting by Australia, England didn't bowl that well apart from a couple spells by Flintoff and Anderson. It was more Australia's poor batting with throwing our wickets away.

Hughes - Poor legside dismissal
Katich - Caught hooking, stupid
Ponting - Total joke
Hussey - Left the wrong ball, bad line to leave a ball
Clarke - Stupid little chip to mid wicket, really cheap
North - Stupid shot so early in his innings
Haddin - Gone hooking late in the day, shocking

What was Ponting's problem though? He's not out caught, fair enough, but he was absolutely dead set plumb LBW!

Hoopers post is why I am a bit weary of the follow on. Oz will not make those mistakes again. They might have us in the field for 150+ overs.

What was Ponting's problem though? He's not out caught, fair enough, but he was absolutely dead set plumb LBW!
But if it "hit the bat", then it's not out. Either way, I know hes out, but he should of been able to slime his way out of it. :p

Yeah, Weezy, that was just some shocking batting. I think with the rain and England enforcing the follow-on, I think we can save this Test match. I'm not too worried.

The worst of the rain seems to be out of the way so I reckon we'll get the game in.

But if it "hit the bat", then it's not out. Either way, I know hes out, but he should of been able to slime his way out of it. :p

Yeah, Weezy, that was just some shocking batting. I think with the rain and England enforcing the follow-on, I think we can save this Test match. I'm not too worried.
If it hit the bat, he was caught!

Enforcing the follow-on will make a result more likely. Australia would want England to have another bat, as I said, the pitch will flatten out completely on days 4-5 and it'll be easy to bat for a day on it. Sri Lanka and South Africa were able to do it with relative ease.

Maybe it was going down leg, Colin?

We will never know, it could deviated after it pitched and gone wayward, we will never know.

Shouldn't of been a catch.

Not that I'm pretending hawkeye is definitive but it showed it hitting middle and leg.
Also can't believe you said England bowled "poorly" today. :eek:

Well they didn't bowl well...

..Australia played some shocking shots. Hussey and Katich looked comfortable but even they got out to poor shots.

So far its great for Enlgand..I just hope they win this match and the rest.
and good bowling by Anderson..and batting:clap

Well they didn't bowl well...

..Australia played some shocking shots. Hussey and Katich looked comfortable but even they got out to poor shots.

Oh, what a load of crap. England's bowling was excellent today, you can tell that by the economy rates. Broad showed what he's really capable of, I always knew he was capable of much more than he showed at Cardiff. Freddy was as fiery as always and Anderson led the attack brilliantly. I didn't see Onions bowl, but his figures looked decent.

Either way, as long as the rain doesn't mess things up too much, we have a great chance of taking this Test (first Lords victory since 1934 it would be!) Panesar and Anderson's heroics could well turn out to be a very early 'turning point' in this series as if we'd gone 1-0 down, I doubt if we'd come back from it. Having said that, we went 1-0 down in 2005 and came out on top.

Great day, England. Now finish the job!

One other thing. This rubbish with 'shadows' on the pitch. If they're going to moan about shadows, then why even bother using the lights? And if the problem is the red ball, then use this pink ball that everyone's going on about - just find one of similar age!

MasterBlaster76 added 2 Minutes and 35 Seconds later...

Ponting is really beginning to piss me off, what a sore loser. All that whinging when he got run out in 2005, and his whinging at the end of the last test and today he was plumb LBW and his reaction to that. And also yesterday when he took a catch off the pad and runs to the umpire showing him the ball.

Oh, tell me about it! Even if he didn't bloody hit the ball, he was dead LBW, as you said!

Oh and Hoops? You wanna talk poor bowling? Mitchell Johnson and the rest of the Aussie bowlers yesterday, with the possible exception of Hiflenhaus.

Users who are viewing this thread