2nd Test: England v Australia at Lord's

Oh, what a load of crap. England's bowling was excellent today, you can tell that by the economy rates. Broad showed what he's really capable of, I always knew he was capable of much more than he showed at Cardiff. Freddy was as fiery as always and Anderson led the attack brilliantly. I didn't see Onions bowl, but his figures looked decent.

Either way, as long as the rain doesn't mess things up too much, we have a great chance of taking this Test (first Lords victory since 1934 it would be!) Panesar and Anderson's heroics could well turn out to be a very early 'turning point' in this series as if we'd gone 1-0 down, I doubt if we'd come back from it. Having said that, we went 1-0 down in 2005 and came out on top.

Great day, England. Now finish the job!

One other thing. This rubbish with 'shadows' on the pitch. If they're going to moan about shadows, then why even bother using the lights? And if the problem is the red ball, then use this pink ball that everyone's going on about - just find one of similar age!

MasterBlaster76 added 2 Minutes and 35 Seconds later...

Oh, tell me about it! Even if he didn't bloody hit the ball, he was dead LBW, as you said!

Oh and Hoops? You wanna talk poor bowling? Mitchell Johnson and the rest of the Aussie bowlers yesterday, with the possible exception of Hiflenhaus.

Broad showed what hes really capable of? If thats it then I'm not worried. The economy was down because we kept losing wickets... You can't attack when your losing wickets. And the economy was down because it was Katich and Hussey who scored most of the runs - both pretty defensive batsman. So I don't think economy rates has any measure on how well they bowled. Anderson bowled well, Flintoff did his usual thing of getting the crowd behind him and bowling tight.

Yeah, I will be the first to admit Australia bowled poorly, especially Mitchell Johnson. Stuey Clark surely has to be looked at for the next Test.

What time did they start play again after the second rain delay? I went to bed at 1am-ish because it was raining, now I'm not sure if I should have stayed up or went to bed. Leaning towards going to bed was the right option.

Was Hussey in good knick after the second delay?

We've still got a long way to go, South Africa easily escaped a similar position last year but it's a great situation to be in.

And yea, Broad was still a bit inconsistent with the ball but it was his stunning catch that instigated the collapse so he's still managed to make a key contribution.

Does anyone else expect Australia to go well tomorrow with the ball then have a gettable chase that we will chase down?

Does anyone else expect Australia to go well tomorrow with the ball then have a gettable chase that we will chase down?
England still may choose to enforce the follow on if Hauritz, Siddle and Hilfy don't get the runs required. So it could be a long day in the field for the opposition. :p

Broad really wasn't great, he's not bowling well, too expensive.

but Hooper mate you really can't Husseys wicket was not down to good bowling. 95pmh top of off. Does not get better.

Yes, see MB76! Broad was ordinary.

It was a good ball yes, very good area from Flintoff. I'm not taking away anything from him - I'm just saying that Hussey shouldn't be leaving balls pitching on middle. :p

Am I the only one who thinks the speed-o-meter was completely off? No way did Flintoff bowl that delivery at 95mph. Broad didn't bowl at 92mph either.

EDIT: And I was right about Strauss. He'll levet get a double century unless he completes it in one day since he just can't carry on overnight.

How many people have gotten out playing a leave this series! and how many more have gotten out to balls that are on the top of off! Prior, Strauss, KP, Huss and I know im missing some more!

Am I the only one who thinks the speed-o-meter was completely off? No way did Flintoff bowl that delivery at 95mph. Broad didn't bowl at 92mph either.

EDIT: And I was right about Strauss. He'll levet get a double century unless he completes it in one day since he just can't carry on overnight.
I wanted to SMS you, to tell you how right you are and how much I love you.

You are a genious.

Anderson and Flintoff bowled well the rest were pretty average. But that is the difference between the teams. Their 2 strike bowlers bowled well. Only Hilfy bowled well for us, Siddle was going at nearly 4 an over and we know all about the other guy.

Heres hoping for another miracle lower order partnership that has saved our top order so much, although not looking likely this inns.

What the hell does 'levet' mean? I meant to type 'never'.

I understand mixing up T and R (right next to each other) but L and N?

Doesn't make sense to me either though, to be fair, I'm lying down with the lap-top on my stomach so I can barely see the keys.

Haha, I was going to come on here and say the same thing. There is no way in the world Flintoff bowled that ball at 95mph. Same as Onion's bowling to, there is no way in the world he is bowling 90mph+.

Having a good laugh at the guy that suggested Broad bowled well also, going at 4.27RPO is pretty bad when you look at Flintoff's and Anderson's RPO. His wickets were flukey as too, bowling bouncers in the dark doesn't mean squat.

Users who are viewing this thread