2nd Test: England v Australia at Lord's

I feel Siddle's anger and disappointment from the comfort of my bed. Well, I feel his disappointment and how unlucky he is, but from his reactions, I barely have a patch on his anger.

I'm not surprised at all that Ponting dropped that catch. He took a catch to on Day 1 dismiss Andrew Flintoff in almost exactly the same way as he attempted to take this catch. As soon as he took the one off Flintoff I said to stevo1 on msn: "Crocodile catch". It was too low for fingers up and he payed the price this time around.

There's something up with the speed guns - the ball Johnson just bowled could not have been 89.9 mph.

I know there was an argument on this earlier, but I just picked up on this.

There's something up with the speed guns - the ball Johnson just bowled could not have been 89.9 mph.

I know there was an argument on this earlier, but I just picked up on this.

Something up with their hawkeye too. I really believe Pontings LBW was not hitting leg as easy as they said. They reckoned it was hitting exactly on leg IIRC, but you could see Leg stump when it hit Pontings pad and it was still swinging so it was surely on clipping leg at best!

I don't honestly believe anyone can reliably tell the sub-50 millisecond difference between a 95 mph ball and an 85 before they pitch. I do however think that people can perceive the pace off the pitch.

I don't honestly believe anyone can reliably tell the sub-50 millisecond difference between a 95 mph ball and an 85 before they pitch. I do however think that people can perceive the pace off the pitch.
Can you tell the difference between a 65 mph ball and a 85 mph ball before it pitches? I hope so. There is a subtle difference, if you look closely. More noticeable on a huge HDTV (with of course an HD feed).

Although watch the speed gun jump to 95 mph when England is bowling :p

Users who are viewing this thread