2nd Test: England v Australia at Lord's

England leading by 267 atm. 69 overs left according to Cricinfo. They'll need, I'd say, 5 session to bowl out the Aussies. That leaves 69 overs today, and about 30-35 tomorrow, whether permitting. So essentially 100 overs. Could very easily get up to 500ish by then. Might as well get 500 ASAP and have a crack at the Aussies.

England leading by 267 atm. 69 overs left according to Cricinfo. They'll need, I'd say, 5 session to bowl out the Aussies. That leaves 69 overs today, and about 30-35 tomorrow, whether permitting. So essentially 100 overs. Could very easily get up to 500ish by then. Might as well get 500 ASAP and have a crack at the Aussies.
Aussie Ben does every night, I don't see why we can't get in on the act and win at Lord's at last.

How crazy are the bowling averages. If you were going on them alone, Siddle is into the 50s but the crazy thing is Johnson is averaging 35 which has him way better than Flintoff who is at 77. For mind Flintoff has bowled much better than Johnson.

Cookie LBW the first ball he faces after Lunch. Strauss can't carry on overnight, Cookie can't carry on past a session.

I think that if we get too much of an advantage, then they will play for the draw. Give them a sniff, and they're likely to be more aggressive, thus giving wickets away more easily. It's hard to know where to draw the line, though, considering there's a chance that they might actually chase it down. We've got to go for the win, that is definite.

Haurie!

I thought that was going down leg in real speed, good imporing in the end IMO, replays showed it was in line.

English have to be careful they don't bat themselves out of this game. I can see them batting forever trying to post a mammoth score, a bit of rain comes in and Australia get the draw. That's the really only concern for them at the moment. If you'd even call that a concern. :p

Hauritz gets another. He has 2 wickets in 2 overs. Hauritz. In Test Cricket. At Lords. This is ridiculous.

Hauritz with two now, really good bowling this. Botham was pretty crack up though, he just said no batsmen would chase that line.

Users who are viewing this thread