2nd Test: England v Australia at Lord's

From a English perspective, who hasn't seen much of Johnson, I'm dumbfounded that he's in the side. All he does is bowl 89MPH short and wide stuff.

Then again, from an Aussie perspective, Broad must look the same :p

Howsie, I've bolded the speed in case you wanted to challenge it, on your understanding that 89mph would be 85mph? Right?

So Onions is just as quick as Johnson. Anyway I'm done.

Howsie added 1 Minutes and 3 Seconds later...

Did I miss something?

England started solid here, I love the Ashes, great cricket.

I used the wrong quote :(

Cook's aggression is bewildering. What happened to the guy who couldn't hit a six to save his life.

We got some serious problems, none of our bowlers can keep it tight. Siddle proving to be just as expensive as Johnson.

Poor bowling from the aussie's here, just feeding Cook what he wants.

admin edit - enough with the bowling speeds.

Last edited by a moderator:
Stop this speed nonsense, please, Colin has already told you all to stop it.

Good day for England so far, bit of resistance from the aussie tail, but we hav emade a great start. Definitely the right decision to bat again, with them bowling from both sides of the wicket, it should make the pitch break up a bit more. It's a gorgeous day too, so there won't be much swing. Tomorrow is set to be overcast (if not a bit wet). lead of 500 tonight if we keep it up at this right.

Expecting big changes to the Aussie bowling in the next few tests.

Other than bring Lee and Clark the other options won't do much in terms of wicket taking abilities. McDonald will keep it tight which is more than can be said for our current bowlers. If Lee is coming in, it has to be for Johnson, we can't have 2 wayward bowlers but our selectors won't drop the golden boy.

Geez England are a bunch of cheats. Tamper with the ball to suit them and get swing in 05 - now tampering with the weather too suit them. It's bs and I won't stand for it! Boycott the series I say!

Users who are viewing this thread