2nd Test: England v Australia at Lord's

Johnson is not on form and looks like Lee will miss the series. So probably same bowling attack for next test

I just think he's an average bowler who had a few good series, tbh

From a English perspective, who hasn't seen much of Johnson, I'm dumbfounded that he's in the side. All he does is bowl 89MPH short and wide stuff.

Then again, from an Aussie perspective, Broad must look the same :p

Howsie, I've bolded the speed in case you wanted to challenge it, on your understanding that 89mph would be 85mph? Right?

No, not exactly considering there is still pretty much 3 days left. That's 9 sessions - England can bat 4 and set us 550+ to win and have 5 sessions to bowl us out. I would prefer us to be batting atm.

Well for next two days its meant to be raining

Johnson is not on form and looks like Lee will miss the series. So probably same bowling attack for next test

Lee should be back next game and if Johnson keeps bowling like this Clark will be into the side and I'll be sending an SOS to Bollinger.

What do you mean by our bowlers, if you mean NZ then yes they probably are. I'm not saying they can't okay, Broad, Flintoff and Anderson are all 90+ bowlers. But watching Onions yesterday, I just didn't think he looked that quick. I'm probably wrong, I don't know why I tried to argue this but sometimes the gun can be off.

I meant Australia.

Yes, the gun can be off, but when Hawkeye backs it up, you know its not.

Stop arguing it, because you think that he didn't look 90mph, but he really was. You're thinking is wrong.

From a English perspective, who hasn't seen much of Johnson, I'm dumbfounded that he's in the side. All he does is bowl 89MPH short and wide stuff.

Then again, from an Aussie perspective, Broad must look the same :p

Howsie, I've bolded the speed in case you wanted to challenge it, on your understanding that 89mph would be 85mph? Right?

From an Indian perspective and having seen him bowl against us in a couple of test series and an some ODI series, I feel the same. He was hammered in Australia and then when Australia toured India, although he got more wickets than the others, he still bowled way too wide and short.

I guess the expectation is that there will be rain and possibly bad light, but you can't base too much on that which you can never be too sure about. Make hay while the sun shines, as it were.

I meant Australia.

Yes, the gun can be off, but when Hawkeye backs it up, you know its not.

Stop arguing it, because you think that he didn't look 90mph, but he really was. You're thinking is wrong.

Okay after this I'm done arguing this but, have you never seen a ball bowled on TV and thought that the speed gun was off?

Gilchrist has said the same thing to, he thought the speedgun was off when he use to play a lot of the time. You would have some balls hammer into his glove and he would think "wow' that was quick. Then he would get balls that look a lot slower but read 5-10K quicker. I guess that has something to do with the way we measure speed I guess.

Well isn't the ball measured from when it leaves the hand? and then it loses speed once it reaches the batsman

From an Indian perspective and having seen him bowl against us in a couple of test series and an some ODI series, I feel the same. He was hammered in Australia and then when Australia toured India, although he got more wickets than the others, he still bowled way too wide and short.

Wrong quote, sorry

Users who are viewing this thread