2nd Test: England v Australia at Lord's

So we go to Edgbaston 0-0. See you there.

If we'd have enforced the follow-on, it'd be the wrong thing to do, we're better defending the score, than chasing it. Every Englishman knows that about the Cricket team.

Oh thats right I don't have eyes and have never seen someone bowl on T.V, how could I possibly estimate his speed. If Onions was bowling 90+ yesterday then I'm expecting Johnson to be 95+ today.

I guess you guys will tell me that the delivery Flitoff bowled to get Hussey was really bowled at 95.1mph ;)

There's more than one speedgun and it's also confirmed by Hawkeye now as well.

I don't quite know what your problem is Howsie, but yes, they're all capable of hitting 90, and Flintoff certain can push it through for 95mph now and again. Retiring at the end of this series, what's he got to lose?

Howsie, click the "log off," button, and then start actually watching the cricket.

I know they're capable, I have seen them bowl before. But yesterday Onions didn't look that quick, what's wrong with me saying that. I'd like to know why your defending it so much. And it's not just me, the guys doing the cricinfo commetry agree with it.

If we'd have enforced the follow-on, it'd be the wrong thing to do, we're better defending the score, than chasing it. Every Englishman knows that about the Cricket team.

Every Englishman knows that we've failed on numerous occasions in situations like this in recent years by not leaving enough time to bowl the opposition out.
There is no doubt in my mind that Strauss's decision was defensive and negative.

There's more than one speedgun and it's also confirmed by Hawkeye now as well.

But, no Colin. Howsie has eye-sight, he knows what speed they're bowling, regardless of the Speedo's and Hawkeye.

It's going to be a draw.

84 that ball then, does that mean on Howsie's reckoning he's bowling 79 mph?

Themer added 0 Minutes and 39 Seconds later...

81! Woah really be 76 mph.

I agree as well the decision to bat has given Australia a chance of a draw

Four for england captain he is off the mark.

I don't mind the decision as long as we are aggressive and have them batting tomorrow morning or just after lunch. Strauss has started off in that vain hopefully it continues.

Wow, Hilfenhaus is capable of bowling 90mph but the speedgun is saying 82 now. What a tweaking surprise.

And simbazz I'd take cricinfo's word before your's, they would probably see more cricket then you :sarcasm

Wow, Hilfenhaus is capable of bowling 90mph but the speedgun is saying 82 now. What a fliping surprise.

And simbazz I'd take cricinfo's word before your's, they would probably see more cricket then you :sarcasm
Domestic cricket, I doubt it.

Wow, Hilfenhaus is capable of bowling 90mph but the speedgun is saying 82 now. What a fliping surprise.

Yes, Cricinfo is that company run by Americans isn't it? Yes, they know about cricket. :sarcasm

Yeah. I rekon Simbazz is on the money about Onions. I do think he could hit 90, but what do I know, I'm just a fanboy.

Users who are viewing this thread