2nd Test: England v Australia at Lord's

Wow, Hilfenhaus is capable of bowling 90mph but the speedgun is saying 82 now. What a fliping surprise.

And simbazz I'd take cricinfo's word before your's, they would probably see more cricket then you :sarcasm

I'd rather take Speedo and Hawkeye's version of events. Seeming as though they are pretty much perfect on speeds.

88.8mph from Johnson, so what? He's really bowling 84mph, Howsie?

Some of you are being ridiculously pessimistic about the declaration and that's coming from me. We can easily score 250 today which is a score of 450+ which will allow us to declare overnight at the latest and leaves us 2 days to bowl the Aussies out. We'll either win or lose.

Well Johnson has stared where he has left off. Don't understand how someone can go from being very very good in South Africa to be all over the shop here.

Some of you are being ridiculously pessimistic about the declaration and that's coming from me. We can easily score 250 today which is a score of 450+ which will allow us to declare overnight at the latest and leaves us 2 days to bowl the Aussies out. We'll either win or lose.

Bat a day and session and score 350+ to set us something around 550+.

You guys won't declare with a 450 lead. Would be at least 500 if not 600 going by your history.

They would still have to watch the games

Agreed, but unlike Sky, they don't have Speedo's or Hawkeye.

They go off the TV screen (obviously sky) and they guess the speed isn't it, and then idiots like you go "Ohhh, England bowlers can't bowl 90MPH,"

Mate, its correct, we can, and have!

If we're not bowling high 80's, early 90's. Then your bowlers are most definately bowling low 80's. Which is doubtful.

What do Sky have to win from altering speeds?

I was kind of thinking there were only 2 days remaining but yeah with three making them chase 500 in 2 days would be ok.

I agree as well the decision to bat has given Australia a chance of a draw

No, not exactly considering there is still pretty much 3 days left. That's 9 sessions - England can bat 4 and set us 550+ to win and have 5 sessions to bowl us out. I would prefer us to be batting atm.

Agreed, but unlike Sky, they don't have Speedo's or Hawkeye.

They go off the TV screen (obviously sky) and they guess the speed isn't it, and then idiots like you go "Ohhh, England bowlers can't bowl 90MPH,"

Mate, its correct, we can, and have!

If we're not bowling high 80's, early 90's. Then your bowlers are most definately bowling low 80's. Which is doubtful.

What do Sky have to win from altering speeds?

What do you mean by our bowlers, if you mean NZ then yes they probably are. I'm not saying they can't okay, Broad, Flintoff and Anderson are all 90+ bowlers. But watching Onions yesterday, I just didn't think he looked that quick. I'm probably wrong, I don't know why I tried to argue this but sometimes the gun can be off.

Users who are viewing this thread