2nd Test: England v Australia at Lord's

I'm half way with Kev on this. If the umpire thinks it's out, then you don't refer. Simple. If the umpire is unsure, and we have technology which can help, then we should use it. The whole situation is too messy at the moment.

If in doubt, not out, but the umpires thought it was out, so it is out.

Sureshot added 2 Minutes and 34 Seconds later...

If a fielder is unsure then it's not out. The fielding team are appealing for a wicket, if the fielder says, "Let's go upstairs" then his appeal isn't at all convincing and should be given out. Any referrals should be done by the on-field umpire and no one else.

I'm just saying I've seen it happen before.

Great delivery by onion i dont understand why strauss is not giving ball to swann.:noway

Hussey could have left a number of those balls from Broad. I thought he was going to leave one of them and then suddenly he hang his bat out. Finally hes got Broad away.

And it's Lunch. 76/2. Broad and Onions were going okay, I think they might continue on after Lunch, Swann will come on for a bit. Once the ball is a bit older we might see Jimmy and Freddie to return to exploit some reverse swing.

1 session down, 2 more to go. If by some miracle we are 2 down at stumps then we could have a good shot at doing the impossible.

Users who are viewing this thread