2nd Test: England v Australia at Lord's

Ponting looks set now, I'm actually hoping he goes on here and makes his first Lord's hundred.

Yup ricky ponting key wicket for sure he is settled now i think swann can get his wicket or may be part time bowler like kevin or paul collingwood.

Ok, delighted isn't the right word. I'll be delighted when they stop referring completely. The fact that there was a referral for a similar circumstance earlier in the match suggests to me that the umpires were unsure, so they should have just given that one not out.

This is the real problem. How are we meant to understand when an umpire is sure or not if they refer? if you think it's a catch then give it, if you don't then don't give it. Simple.
Werd.

However, one thing I've noticed is that the ones behind the bat tend to be given more than the ones in front. On consideration, it seems that the umpire is not well positioned at all to sight catches in front of the batsman.

Got no problem with that catch being allowed, the only problem I have is the umpire claiming he knew it was a catch. I really doubt you can say that for sure at square leg with obstructed vision.

Broad gets Punter.

:eek:

BROADY YOU LIVING LEGEND!!!!

76/3...is this the blow that ends the match?

Huge wicket right there! Ponting outta here! Bumbe 'He's (Broad) off on one! He's off on a Monty!'

How did Ponting get out to Broad :noway His poor record at Lords continues though.
Anyway the rain can come down now!

Now Michael "I'm full of potential but I never really do anything of substance" Clarke takes the crease.

Maybe he'll prove me wrong. Hope so - I wanna see a good game.

Users who are viewing this thread