2nd Test: England v Australia at Lord's

lol, if someone else had got that, he'd have been praised.

So what if he intended it to swing away but it didn't, you've still got to pitch it right. An element of luck, yes, but good bowling nonetheless

Well said, what is the deal with everyone getting on Broad's back even when he's taking wickets??

Broad's gonna be a legend.

Because he bowled an average ball, which Ponting stupidly played at and was unlucky enough to drag it back on?

Heh, you Brits give out your legend status a bit too easily if you ask me.

But nah, It's a good thing that England are going to be 1-0. Gives the series some serious spice. Australia's chances were gone with that Ponting wicket, and they will be well and truly gone if Hussey goes.

I think people forget how young Stuart Broad actually is. 23, so what's that? About 2-3 years before you'd be wanting proper consistency in the form of a younger Harmison? (2004 springs to mind, West Indies anyone?)

He's actually bowled well today, accurate and using the slope.

Jimmy's reversing it and the ball is only 20 something over old. Incredible.

Geez I know we bowled like crap but how did we get stuck with sunny days and the English with these overcast conditions.

I think people forget how young Stuart Broad actually is. 23, so what's that? About 2-3 years before you'd be wanting proper consistency in the form of a younger Harmison? (2004 springs to mind, West Indies anyone?)

Well said. He's inconsistent right now, like a lot of young players are. But he will become a very good all rounder for England in all forms of the game.

There's something about Broad. He's young, he's tall, bowls in the 90s, gets good bounce, can seam the ball...but he just looks sooooo non-threatening while bowling. It's like Mohammed Sami. Sami was quick, swung the ball, reversed the ball, had a great yorker, but just couldn't get wickets to save his life. I fear Broad may turn out the same.

Well said. He's inconsistent right now, like a lot of young players are. But he will become a very good all rounder for England in all forms of the game.

It'll be to his, and England's advantage that he's been involved so young.

I do get annoyed by his loose bowling, but you've just got to believe that in 2-3, hell even 4 years that we'll see something worth this hit and miss bowling.

Geez I know we bowled like crap but how did we get stuck with sunny days and the English with these overcast conditions.

Luck of the draw, eh? It always evens itself out, as do the dodgy umpiring decisions.

Broad taking wickets, ROFL. His gone for about 200 runs now and only taken four wickets.

His been poor

I'm talking about this match. He hasn't gone for 200 in this match (otherwise you're claiming that he was responsible for the majority of Australia's first innings)! Everyone is allowed a bad game occasionally and at Cardiff, he did have a shocker.

Users who are viewing this thread