2nd Test: England v Australia at Lord's

It'll be to his, and England's advantage that he's been involved so young.

I do get annoyed by his loose bowling, but you've just got to believe that in 2-3, hell even 4 years that we'll see something worth this hit and miss bowling.

Wasn't Brett Lee a bit hit and miss when he was first starting out in Tests?

I think every out and out fast bowler is, yes you may get one bowler per 10 years who hits the ground running, but its very rare.

Lee, Bond (Who I still claim to be erratic at times, but injury really doesn't help) and Steyn, have all bowled badly, and still have times but its less and less as the years progress.

The one thing which helps fast bowlers is one simple thing - EXPERIENCE.

Break this partnership and the rest are bottlers.

Not only are we on target to win this Test, we are on target to hand out an absolute thrashing to the Aussies.

By the way, forecast looks good for tomorrow, at least it did last time I looked. :D

I'm sorry but Flintoff looks highly entertaining in that hat, he certainly doesn't suit it!

I think every out and out fast bowler is, yes you may get one bowler per 10 years who hits the ground running, but its very rare.

Lee, Bond (Who I still claim to be erratic at times, but injury really doesn't help) and Steyn, have all bowled badly, and still have times but its less and less as the years progress.

Which is precisely why England would be fools not to stick with him.

He was, but he didn't have an average of 40 after 20 test matches. Although his batting wasn't anywhere as good as Broad's is.

.....Everton fan to correct any spelling mistakes or wrong grammer

Howsie added 1 Minutes and 25 Seconds later...

Steyn and Lee yes, but Bond was never that bad.

Oh great, Michael Clarkes probably gonna hit a century now.

It took Jimmy 3 or 4 years to develop into a true Test class bowler, Broad will be the same.

He was, but he didn't have an average of 40 after 20 test matches. Although his batting wasn't anywhere as good as Broad's is.

.....Everton fan to correct any spelling mistakes or wrong grammer

And you have to factor that in to the equation as well. His bowling will improve as will his batting, which his pretty good even now.

Nope, grammar looks fine in that sentence mate! ;) Apart from the spelling of 'Grammar' ironically!

Just messing with you mate. :)

Clarke with some brilliant shots. Great to watch.

Well he might give you the correct spelling of grammar... :D
Seriously can we leave off the grammar-police stuff please everyone.

Sumptuous shot from Clarke there.

Users who are viewing this thread