Adam Gilchrist's book (merged threads)

Nobody should lose any respect for Gilchrist for this. What he's written is probably correct. He wouldn't make such an outrageous complain without there being some kind of truth otherwise he'd be sued to high heaven. He's probably made a correct point, but Sachin is on such a pedestal many on here will refuse that he'd do any wrong in any situation. In any case;

Tendulkar probably is a bit at fault, and Gilchrist should really have glossed over the issue in his book rather than do this.

Spot on, I remeber once sachin was given out and he was not happy with the decission. He just spit on the ground with anger and stare at umpire and nodding his head and went .

When was this? Oh come on, I cant believe this by your word. Tell me which match was this? I believe Sachin is not someone who would spit on the ground and do stuff like that? A guy who always has a smiling face and doesnt lose even a bit of patience when countless fans swarm him for autographs and trying to touch him, THIS IS UTTERLY UNBELIEVABLE!

Yes, Sachin has stared the umpire many times. Come on, he is human. Fans have given him the status of God, not himself. He has every right to look at the umpire like that if he feels he is hard done by. As long as he gets back to the dressing room, he is good.

saisrini80 added 4 Minutes and 40 Seconds later...

Nobody should lose any respect for Gilchrist for this. What he's written is probably correct. He wouldn't make such an outrageous complain without there being some kind of truth otherwise he'd be sued to high heaven. He's probably made a correct point, but Sachin is on such a pedestal many on here will refuse that he'd do any wrong in any situation. In any case;

Tendulkar probably is a bit at fault, and Gilchrist should really have glossed over the issue in his book rather than do this.

I am not doubting if Gilchrist is speaking the truth or not. But its just the interpretation. Anyways, my problem with Gilchrist was trying to open this all up exactly at the time when his autobiography came out. Couldnt he have said this when he retired? Couldnt he have said this while playing IPL, etc? His effigies would have been burned, and the bus in which he travelled would have been stoned had he said this while playing the IPL. He himself is on a pretty high pedestal as a cricketer.

saisrini80 added 1 Minutes and 29 Seconds later...

Not to open a can of worms, but at least I'm not the only one who feels this way.

You feel that way because your Inzamam is not as highly regarded as 'SACHIN RAMESH TENDULKAR' and you are clearly jealous that Sachin is regarded as almost a 'God' by many people in our country and even overseas too.

I am not doubting if Gilchrist is speaking the truth or not. But its just the interpretation. Anyways, my problem with Gilchrist was trying to open this all up exactly at the time when his autobiography came out. Couldnt he have said this when he retired? Couldnt he have said this while playing IPL, etc? His effigies would have been burned, and the bus in which he travelled would have been stoned had he said this while playing the IPL. He himself is on a pretty high pedestal as a cricketer.

saisrini80 added 1 Minutes and 29 Seconds later...
I think you've answered your own question there. While he probably should have made an issue of this earlier in his retirement and not simply in his autobiography, if he had done it whilst he was playing in Indian, his safety would have been at risk, and frankly who wants to put themselves in a position where effigies of them are burned in the street?

meh I am not surprised. We all know that they are a bunch of little liars , the whole lot of them. Stick it up to em Gilly;):D

When was this? Oh come on, I cant believe this by your word. Tell me which match was this? I believe Sachin is not someone who would spit on the ground

You feel that way because your Inzamam is not as highly regarded as 'SACHIN RAMESH TENDULKAR' and you are clearly jealous that Sachin is regarded as almost a 'God' by many people in our country and even overseas too.

I think it was match between Pakistan .

This can be only be seen in Asian cricket playing countries, mostly in India. In India definately most people classify Sachin as God. Its not strange actually because people here hold its highest regard for cricket than its national game (hockey) Overseas will definately hold Sachin as a God. Thet are pretty much literate and understand the game much better than us, specially England. Actually its the English people (spectators) i found most sporting and gentleman in this game. Sachin is definately one of the best but not best . The best one and only is Sir Don Bradman.

Its just the publicity of the book. And Gilly wasnt present during the second hearing in front of the judge when Sachin said Singh had used a bad word which sounded like Monkey. There was no Gilly present at that time. Gilly was present only during the first hearing in front of match referee . Well and when the Aussie cricketers were questioned except Symonds no one had heard Singh using Monkey word. All were unsure.

And Gilly had to say this thing at the right time. These are all Aussie tactics. When they are 1-0 down just to distract the concentration of a great cricketer and just for publicity of the book. Gilly is gonna have a tough reception when he comes to play for Hydrebad. And when he comes to play against Mumbai we all will see him with a lots of boos...:mad

I wish they publicise this news well in India. Let the Indian people loose on Gilchrist. I am sure he will never want to come back to India again:p:D

Sachin has been a good sportsman, and is a very good human being. This is not going to change opinions too much.

saisrini80 added 2 Minutes and 10 Seconds later...

And Gilly had to say this thing at the right time. These are all Aussie tactics. When they are 1-0 down just to distract the concentration of a great cricketer and just for publicity of the book. Gilly is gonna have a tough reception when he comes to play for Hydrebad. And when he comes to play against Mumbai we all will see him with a lots of boos...:mad

I hope so. Coz Mumbai is a place which booed the man himself - SACHIN.

saisrini80 added 1 Minutes and 1 Seconds later...

meh I am not surprised. We all know that they are a bunch of little liars , the whole lot of them. Stick it up to em Gilly;):D

And also make sure that your book is one of the top sellers, Gilly:rolleyes:

saisrini80 added 1 Minutes and 48 Seconds later...

I think you've answered your own question there. While he probably should have made an issue of this earlier in his retirement and not simply in his autobiography, if he had done it whilst he was playing in Indian, his safety would have been at risk, and frankly who wants to put themselves in a position where effigies of them are burned in the street?

He wouldnt have been hurt even a little bit. Greg Chappell faced this situation when he was coach. Was he hurt anywhere? One fan slapped him on his back, but this situation is not even close to that (Chappell was charged with spoiling the whole Indian team by the media and the fans).

saisrini80 added 2 Minutes and 10 Seconds later...

I hope so. Coz Mumbai is a place which booed the man himself - SACHIN.

DY Patil crowd is gonna get crazy soon. I just hoped Gilly was touring with the Aussies now. He is the captain of the Deccan Chargers he would be also losing respect from his own Indian Team Mates who know Sachin very well like Rohit Sharma and Laxman.

It's only the first half, wait for the second half anyway.

I wish they publicise this news well in India. Let

Sachin has been a good sportsman, and is a very good human being. This is not going to change opinions too much.

Thats all true. But if what Gilly saying is right , Sachin sounds like a sore loser IMO. I mean you play cricket hard and whether you win or lose , you can still sit down and have a beer with the other team.

I wish they publicise this news well in India. Let the Indian people loose on Gilchrist. I am sure he will never want to come back to India again:p:D

God I hate it when people type this rubbish.

I am confident in saying that Gilchrist is not lying here. What he is saying I have no doubt is the truth (or at least what he believes to be the truth) Gilchrist does not need to mislead anyone. And people are claiming he is only saying to sell an autobiography? Please. Gilchrist doesn't need any help in that regard.

It's funny to see how the Indians come on here and magically know somehow that Gilchrist is lying. Tendulkar is not a god, he's a human being. He's not a special human being either, he is just a man who has wonderful talent. Even if what Gilly is saying is true, what's the big deal? 99% of cricketers have done worse than that in their careers.

Loose the bias people. Calm down.

Of course it's to get publicity. That's the way people are going to buy his book. I had no idea of it until today and will be sure to buy it as soon as I have $45 free.

I read about this in Times and i was quite sure when reading this topic will be started by Zmario:rolleyes:

@t His Autibiography needs some controversy so the Sales increase :;)

Users who are viewing this thread