Adam Gilchrist's book (merged threads)

Australia is playing cheap tricks. They are trying to hurt Tendulkar mentally by these comments as Tendulkar is in good form now.

Coming to Pointing,everyone knows how 'honest' he is. Even the Aussie media has supported India after the Sydney Test.

News Headline:
Gilly Supports "Honest" Pointing.

God I hate it when people type this rubbish.

I am confident in saying that Gilchrist is not lying here. What he is saying I have no doubt is the truth (or at least what he believes to be the truth) Gilchrist does not need to mislead anyone. And people are claiming he is only saying to sell an autobiography? Please. Gilchrist doesn't need any help in that regard.

It's funny to see how the Indians come on here and magically know somehow that Gilchrist is lying. Tendulkar is not a god, he's a human being. He's not a special human being either, he is just a man who has wonderful talent. Even if what Gilly is saying is true, what's the big deal? 99% of cricketers have done worse than that in their careers.

Loose the bias people. Calm down.

You saw me smilies right?

Gilchrist might not be lying. I never felt he was lying. But telling all this at this time to sell his autobiography is the question. Its always a big thing to have something sensational in your autobiography to sell it. Compare it without the sensation, and you will find the truth.

Without knowing Tendulkar's side of the story, no one can jump into any conclusions. Tendulkar is revered greatly not only in India, but throughout the world. He doesnt need to be God, but he is a great human being.

Thats all true. But if what Gilly saying is right , Sachin sounds like a sore loser IMO. I mean you play cricket hard and whether you win or lose , you can still sit down and have a beer with the other team.

That, I dont agree. You guys might forget it immediately. Everybody cannot be like that. Its related to the personalities of people from the two countries. Indians might take more time to get over defeat, or something bad. You cant blame someone for this.

saisrini80 added 6 Minutes and 24 Seconds later...

Australia is playing cheap tricks. They are trying to hurt Tendulkar mentally by these comments as Tendulkar is in good form now.

Coming to Pointing,everyone knows how 'honest' he is. Even the Aussie media has supported India after the Sydney Test.

News Headline:
Gilly Supports "Honest" Pointing.

And Gilchrist was part of that celebration that they di at the Sydney ground after they beat India with the help of the umpires. They howled like a pack of wolves, having been satisfied that they finally beat India after all the help that they received.

I guess Gilchrist might have kept quiet about all this if not for his autobiography. Since his autobiography needs to be sold, he needs to come up with really something sensational, and he has thought a lot on what to include and thats how this has come up. Otherwise, this would not have been an issue at all with Gilly. Shows him in really bad light!

This nonsense also perfectly co-incides with the India-Australia series that is currently hotting up quite a bit. I also see it as another epide of 'mental disintegration'.

Nobody should lose any respect for Gilchrist for this. What he's written is probably correct. He wouldn't make such an outrageous complain without there being some kind of truth otherwise he'd be sued to high heaven. He's probably made a correct point, but Sachin is on such a pedestal many on here will refuse that he'd do any wrong in any situation. In any case;

Tendulkar probably is a bit at fault, and Gilchrist should really have glossed over the issue in his book rather than do this.
He did, the newspapers choose the most interesting bits of his autobiography to publish as excerpts though. This is all straight out of his book.

aus5892 added 2 Minutes and 21 Seconds later...

That, I dont agree. You guys might forget it immediately. Everybody cannot be like that. Its related to the personalities of people from the two countries. Indians might take more time to get over defeat, or something bad. You cant blame someone for this.

saisrini80 added 6 Minutes and 24 Seconds later...

And Gilchrist was part of that celebration that they di at the Sydney ground after they beat India with the help of the umpires. They howled like a pack of wolves, having been satisfied that they finally beat India after all the help that they received.

I guess Gilchrist might have kept quiet about all this if not for his autobiography. Since his autobiography needs to be sold, he needs to come up with really something sensational, and he has thought a lot on what to include and thats how this has come up. Otherwise, this would not have been an issue at all with Gilly. Shows him in really bad light!

This nonsense also perfectly co-incides with the India-Australia series that is currently hotting up quite a bit. I also see it as another epide of 'mental disintegration'.
'Finally beaten India' - We'd already won the first test, but they were celebrating harder than usual because we'd just equalled the world record for most consecutive test victories. Why wouldn't they be celebrating?
'With the umpires help' - Still whining on about that are you?

I respect Gilly as Player...

yogy is quite right it's mind game Aussies think they are smart but sorry try something else this things releasing in books and Magazines don't Bother the Legend.. Cheap think Mr.Adam..

he is trying to hurt his mental and disturb him so he loses his concentration on game.. As Aussies came to know that are gonna get a tough fight here in this series and there not even Bucknor to help Them Lol !!!!

So what you're saying is that Gilchrist wrote an autobiography (which would have taken him at least a year from start to finish) as a cover for trying to upset Tendulkar the next time Australia played them?:rolleyes:

Or do you think that he just added in that chapter because of this series and timed the release date perfectly to unsettle Sachin?

You seem to be missing the point here - Gilchrist has not made any public comments whatsoever, this is journalists reporting what they read in a book. Gilly wanted to write a long, honest account of his life and career, and part of that is reporting the negatives.

I'm not getting stuck into Tendulkar here, it's done and dusted and time to move on, but I certainly respect Gilly and feel him to be one of the best sports in the world. Tendulkar is obviously a good sport too, but I don't think there can be much doubt that Gilchrist, as a vice captain, has done more talk in the media than Sachin, and obviously we know that Gilly walks more than most cricketers, and also will not claim a catch he hasn't taken.

Anyone who disbelieves Gilly is probably too stuck in their own Sachin is perfect world.

its really atrocious! the monkey incident has been argued over million times
and as always we reach nowhere. and when both sides have moved on,there was absolutely no need to bring this up especially during the heat
of the series....

of all the australian players, gilchrist,lee and hussey(to a certain extent) are the people
i respect the most but this incident has really disappointed me.

nothing more than a publicity stunt i would say.

Still whining on about that are you?

this question should be asked to gilchrist instead !!

Last edited:
oh!! You say he he didn't gave any press conf about it? His books says it ..wy would he say in Public His book said it & That's it ...

poor attempt to disturb Indians : :rolleyes:

I think they dont have confidence that they can beat us. So,they play those cheap tricks and hurt our team mentally.

He did, the newspapers choose the most interesting bits of his autobiography to publish as excerpts though. This is all straight out of his book.

'Finally beaten India' - We'd already won the first test, but they were celebrating harder than usual because we'd just equalled the world record for most consecutive test victories. Why wouldn't they be celebrating?
'With the umpires help' - Still whining on about that are you?

Excuse me - we have forgotten about it long ago. Your most celebrated player who recently retired decides to bring up old wounds and tries to use it to his advantage.

saisrini80 added 1 Minutes and 54 Seconds later...

its really atrocious! the monkey incident has been argued over million times
and as always we reach nowhere. and when both sides have moved on,there was absolutely no need to bring this up especially during the heat
of the series....

of all the australian players, gilchrist,lee and hussey(to a certain extent) are the people
i respect the most but this incident has really disappointed me.

nothing more than a publicity stunt i would say.

this question should be asked to gilchrist instead !!

You seem to be my duplicate... Or I seem to be yours! You just said what I said!

God I hate it when people type this rubbish.

I am confident in saying that Gilchrist is not lying here. What he is saying I have no doubt is the truth (or at least what he believes to be the truth) Gilchrist does not need to mislead anyone. And people are claiming he is only saying to sell an autobiography? Please. Gilchrist doesn't need any help in that regard.

It's funny to see how the Indians come on here and magically know somehow that Gilchrist is lying. Tendulkar is not a god, he's a human being. He's not a special human being either, he is just a man who has wonderful talent. Even if what Gilly is saying is true, what's the big deal? 99% of cricketers have done worse than that in their careers.

Loose the bias people. Calm down.

Great post mate, I couldn't have said it better my self.

But this is hilarious, Indians come on here saying that Tendulkar would never do such a thing and what gilly said was a lie. When they have no evidence whatsoever. Than they talk trash about gilly and when they get stuck in a corner they change their mind and say how much they respect gilchrist. Make up your mind. And honestly have at least a percent of truth in what you guys say coz its just outrages.

Last edited:
oh!! You say he he didn't gave any press conf about it? His books says it ..wy would he say in Public His book said it & That's it ...

poor attempt to disturb Indians : :rolleyes:

He hasn't had any press conference for the book. He probably will when it's released, but as Dean said, it's what the reporters thought would be best to write about.

But this is hilarious, Indians come on here saying that Tendulkar would never do such a thing and what gilly said was a lie. When they have no evidence whatsoever. Than they talk trash about gilly and when they get stuck in a corner they change their mind and say how much they respect gilchrist. Make up your mind. And honestly have at least a percent of truth in what you guys say coz its just outrages.

Hey hey hey, what u say is just rubbish... We are not saying we respect gilchrist just to get out of the 'so called' corner that u guys think u have pushed us into. we now seriously doubt gilchrist's credentials now that he has decided to come out with all this at this point of time when he should have just shut up and enjoyed his post cricket life. is he some sort of a cop who tries to uncover the mystery of sachin tendulkar and show to the world what type of a person he is? this is clearly publicity stunt from gilchrist's side, and coming from him, his non-indian fans like me are shocked.

Niranjan Shah, who was the BCCI secretary during the Sydney Test, said Gilchrist was looking for "cheap publicity" for his book. "First of all, the matter is over now," Shah told Mid-Day, a Mumbai-based tabloid. "Since I was actively involved in the whole matter as the BCCI secretary, I have seen how neutrally the ICC has conducted the hearing. Despite all this, if Gilchrist feels otherwise, then rather than him questioning someone else's credentials, we should examine his credentials. By doing all this, he is doing nothing but getting his image tarnished - Source: Cricinfo

I dont like this guy at all, but here he is speaking the truth!

saisrini80 added 2 Minutes and 39 Seconds later...

He hasn't had any press conference for the book. He probably will when it's released, but as Dean said, it's what the reporters thought would be best to write about.

I am hoping he didnt say anything like that, then. If he feels Sachin was wrong in that Sydney affair, he should keep quiet. Just by keeping quiet, there is going to be no harm to anybody. Sachin is not a villian who needs to be shown his true colors in front of the people. Its in people's best interests that all this issue is kept in the closet. But its been stirred. Lets see how Gilly handles it in the next few days.

Users who are viewing this thread