AFL 2006

Now that's how footy should be played, full marks to Collingwood- Josh Fraser's workrate in particular was brilliant.

What an absolute disgrace from the eagles fans.
Rocca went down and looked to have stuffed his shoulder and the whole crowd erupts with a huge cheer.
That is very poor from the eagles fans you dont cheer when a guy goes down and looks seriously injured no matter who they are.
Absolutely disgraceful i hope they get blasted by the media

haha as if.

The eagles dont even need great forwards just some that can take contested marks every so often.
The only guy they have that does that is Hunter but they need him at CHB.

^^^^^^^^^^
Your talking about the team thats leading the competition for contested marks in the last 5 weeks.

And Staker is actually leading the contested marks, not Hunter.
So your wrong, Hunter isnt the only person that can take contested marks.

Lynch took some good contested marks tonight aswell.

Good performance by WCE to over run the pies in the final few minutes. Cwood can be proud of the way they played, if they had just a little more fuel in the tank they would have beaten the Eagles. Subiaco is starting to loose it's tagline "The house of pain" Team's have proved that if you use the big ground and run hard from the back line it is possible to beat both the Eagles and the Dockers.

Cricket_60 said:
Subiaco is starting to loose it's tagline "The house of pain" Team's have proved that if you use the big ground and run hard from the back line it is possible to beat both the Eagles and the Dockers.
Eh? The Dockers don't play it well because of their slow midfield, we're still close to unbeatable over here.

.::Stevo::. said:
Woopti doo. The main game in September is and will only ever be played at one venue....
Thank you for completely ignoring the statement I was responding to genius

If Freo play well and use their run out of the backline and midfield (no matter how slow) to pump the ball in long to McPharlin and Polak they are a very strong team. That's exactly what happened in the Derby and Freo won. Sadly they are horribly inconsistent and can be forced into chipping the ball around because of their zoning tactics.

Last edited:
brad352 said:
Thank you for completely ignoring the statement I was responding to genius
No, i didn't ignore it. I'm just saying, Fremantle and West Coast are close to unbeatable over there, but that doesnt mean jack sh!t when it comes to the real deal....

.::Stevo::. said:
No, i didn't ignore it. I'm just saying, Fremantle and West Coast are close to unbeatable over there, but that doesnt mean jack sh!t when it comes to the real deal....
Freo play worse at Subi then a lot of other grounds. Personally, I'm quite happy to take 11 home wins, around 6 away for a top 2 finish, 2 home finals and then a 50/50 shot at the flag..

What's another ground in Australia that Freo play better at then Subi?

Cricket_60 said:
What's another ground in Australia that Freo play better at then Subi?
I think they play better at the MCG, despite today's insipid performance- but that was probably more the fact that winning the derby for them is the highlight of the season, 0 from 6 following derby wins :)

Both teams have horrible winning percentages after a derby. The Eagle's is something like 30% and the Dockers 35% but after today it's probably 31, 34.

Users who are viewing this thread