AFL 2006

James219 said:
They actually play the NRL Footy Show in Victoria? :p
Early in the Morning...

Probaly the same time the AFL footy show is on up there

.::Stevo::. said:
NRL basically isnt growing at all to be honest. Its a shame, the only thing i like about NRL is your "footy" show (why the hell do they call it footy?)
And who bad reped me for this????? Whats wrong with it??? I'm not being biased, its just fact. Look up all the surveys that have been done, or just use common sense..sheesh

Last edited:
We are Geelong! The greates team of all...
We may have been done by one point by the doggies but we'll still be playing good footy at the end of the year :D
Im in tassie and we get the NRL show on really late. Lol its worth staying up for, the games arent tho :p

M.Di Venuto said:
We are Geelong! The greates team of all...
We may have been done by one point by the doggies but we'll still be playing good footy at the end of the year :D

yeah go the mighty catters!

Eagles lack of a forward line will once again be their downfall come finals time.

Due to the increased pressure put on by the opponents their midfield will struggle for time and space and that will mean they will struggle to score.

Hunter is the eagles best hope on the forward line but the trouble is they really need him down at center halfback.

I thought the bulldogs would struggle once a team pressurized them but the game against Geelong showed they were upto the task.
I had them finishing 6-9th at start of season but now they will surely finish in the top4 but will struggle come finals time.

Favourites for the flag are Adelaide, Eagles, St Kilda, and Geelong.

Once again Fremantle are winning the games that there not expected to win away from home and then losing the following week at home that they should win. :boxing
I Still blame the coach hes too soft they need someone to kick their ass into gear and tear shreds of them.

Aslong as a non victorian team wins the premiership again im happy.
Still a rigged competition in favour of the Victorian teams.
Wont go into detail but just quickly
Father son rule
Seems the interstate teams play the top vic teams more often at the vic teams home ground.
Collingwood only travel interstate 4 times all season etc etc.

Sman-21 said:
Eagles lack of a forward line will once again be their downfall come finals time.
You mean the same team that's leading the AFL for contested marks? Our forward line is a hell of a lot better than last year (you know, the one where we were 5 points from a premiership?) and we've already knocked off the two teams most likely to join us late in September, but perhaps we'll just forget how to play between now and then. I don't see us losing any home finals, and come GF day the travel factor tends to disappear

Hunter is the eagles best hope on the forward line but the trouble is they really need him down at center halfback.
Jaymie Graham, strong possibility to get Brown this week but alternatively he's almost as good a contested mark as Hunter. We have several players easily capable of playing both forward and back

I have a problem with the new rules.Bulldogs have improved exponentially(aberration),and we have played very poorly this year.Its turned into floodball!

brad352 said:
You mean the same team that's leading the AFL for contested marks? Our forward line is a hell of a lot better than last year (you know, the one where we were 5 points from a premiership?) and we've already knocked off the two teams most likely to join us late in September
I think your gun midfield and defense deserve more credit that your forward line though. I dont think theres a stat for it but surely WCE must be the leading team for midfielders effective in their own forward 50. as good as they are, midfielders arent key forwards.

@ Sman-21. What can I say? Nicely summed up. even though I passionately support a vic club :p

and @ sachin. the new rules arent really to blame. its just the style. but your right, its suits the doggies just fine atm :cool:

oh and btw its nice to see this thread is so active and debatable already!

The Crows should win against Bulldogs mostly because it's at our home ground and our defence will shut down their small foward line. Btw the tribuneral sucks I really think that 'The Birdman' should of only got one week if that :mad: it was a jumper punch and the guy acted to just get a free kick.

and the NRL footy show is way better then the AFL's because the NRL act possitivley about everything and the AFL mostly act negative to everything.

seen a couple of AFL games on tv found it interesting but it is so hard to follow a sport from other side of the world how can you do it?

M.Di Venuto said:
I think your gun midfield and defense deserve more credit that your forward line though. I dont think theres a stat for it but surely WCE must be the leading team for midfielders effective in their own forward 50. as good as they are, midfielders arent key forwards.

@ Sman-21. What can I say? Nicely summed up. even though I passionately support a vic club :p

and @ sachin. the new rules arent really to blame. its just the style. but your right, its suits the doggies just fine atm :cool:

oh and btw its nice to see this thread is so active and debatable already!
I think for the Bullies it really has helped!And flooding has been more accepted lately.I really hate it.

Users who are viewing this thread