AFL 2006

Saints' defence is definately suspect...Gehrig hasnt had his usual impact this yr so im not sure about them.

West Coast are defiantely the team to beat, although their Fwd line is pretty average.

Geelong are strong all round the ground, great defence, great midfield (though often lazy...jim bartel looking at u boy!) and fwd line is underrated

genghis_khan said:
Saints' defence is definately suspect...Gehrig hasnt had his usual impact this yr so im not sure about them.

West Coast are defiantely the team to beat, although their Fwd line is pretty average.

Geelong are strong all round the ground, great defence, great midfield (though often lazy...jim bartel looking at u boy!) and fwd line is underrated

Im a West Coast supporter and I don't think their forward line is average.
We have plenty of options, plus:

Sampi isn't fully fit.
Either is Hansen.
Lynch keeps getting better.
Hunter can play down there-Kicked 4 goals last week.
Judd rests down forward
Graham, Staker and Seaby are 3 talls that can play down forward aswell as Cox if he needs a small rest.

Hey, we kick a winning score each week.

I think our back-line is quite underrated.
Darren glass is a very important part of the team at Full-Back and Chick and Wirrpunda perform every week. The whole Back-Line performs very well most games.

Last edited:
M.Di Venuto said:
We are Geelong! The greates team of all...
We may have been done by one point by the doggies but we'll still be playing good footy at the end of the year :D
Im in tassie and we get the NRL show on really late. Lol its worth staying up for, the games arent tho :p
Go Cats!!! any of you gusy post on Cats Claw?

aus5892 said:
Go Cats!!! any of you gusy post on Cats Claw?
nope? never heard of it :p
and yeah moza1 i guess i agree with you. but still no key genuine tall forward. and i think that will be noticed over the season. i could be wrong though

cats claw?...i havent heard of it either but it sounds delightful :D

Edit: I knew the dogs werent that good, so they thrashed some below-par teams and were lucky to beat a geelong team missing its spine.

So how's everybody's tipping going?

I had 21 before the round and 3/3 so far

West Coasts forward line is crap.
Its the midfield and defenders that win all the games for the eagles.
Same can be said for geelong but its mostly there backline and the run through the midfield that they provide that wins games for them.

Sampi unreliable
Hansen has potential but still abit raw.
Lynch piss weak built like a truck but cant mark anything with a defender even near him (bring back troy wilson).
Seaby ha
Graham haha
Staker is useful but doesnt know where to play.
Judd doesnt do much in forward line he gets his goals as a midfielder.
Hunter is the eagles best hope playing as a full forward,he knows when and where to lead to plus can take pack marks.
Big Cox is handy down their also but like Hunter its not his main position.

If the eagles forward line is average Fremantles forward line must be a super star forward line.

Something has to be done about flooding more than half the teams are doing it now and it is destroying the game.

20 before start of round, went for 2 upsets this round but they both just let me down.
Only got Adelaide so far :crying

Last edited:
I tipped the Tigers, Roos and Crows so im going ok

i wouldve had 3/3 if Laidley hadve kept Nathan Thompson on the field...what the hell was he thinking!!!??? :mad

M.Di Venuto said:
nope? never heard of it :p
and yeah moza1 i guess i agree with you. but still no key genuine tall forward. and i think that will be noticed over the season. i could be wrong though
p209.ezboard.com/bgeelongcatsmessageboard the biggest cats forum on the web.

Sman-21 said:
West Coasts forward line is crap.
Its the midfield and defenders that win all the games for the eagles.
Same can be said for geelong but its mostly there backline and the run through the midfield that they provide that wins games for them.

Sampi unreliable
Hansen has potential but still abit raw.
Lynch piss weak built like a truck but cant mark anything with a defender even near him (bring back troy wilson).
Seaby ha
Graham haha
Staker is useful but doesnt know where to play.
Judd doesnt do much in forward line he gets his goals as a midfielder.
Hunter is the eagles best hope playing as a full forward,he knows when and where to lead to plus can take pack marks.
Big Cox is handy down their also but like Hunter its not his main position.

If the eagles forward line is average Fremantles forward line must be a super star forward line.

Something has to be done about flooding more than half the teams are doing it now and it is destroying the game.

20 before start of round, went for 2 upsets this round but they both just let me down.
Only got Adelaide so far :crying

Lynch's marking has improved a lot this season. He makes a contest everytime and plays well up the ground.

Graham is coming along nicely aswell.

Great win by the eagles. The debutant 'Hurn' played well.
And what about Judd, 38 disposals and 4 goals.

moza1 said:
And what about Judd, 38 disposals and 4 goals.
..and 177 Dreamteam points
icon14.gif

Users who are viewing this thread