All Time Subcontinent Test XI Draft - np10's pick

ODI or Test Draft?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Pick: Sourav Ganguly

He was a masterful strokeplayer, a ruthless captain and a brilliant batsman. With a career average of 42.17, no one could argue that Sourav Ganguly doesn't deserve to be in this side.
3. Rahul Dravid
5. Mohammad Azharuddin (c)
6. Sourav Ganguly
10. Shoaib Akhtar

Sarfraz-Nawaz.gif

Bowlers are rare breed in sub continent. Fazal Mahmood's fall left only one truly genuine fast bowler from Pakistan. Therefore my next pick will be man who invented reverse swing.

Sarfraz Nawaz Malik

His greatest bowling performance came in a Test match against Australia in 1979 in Melbourne when he took nine wickets in an innings. This included a remarkable spell of 33 deliveries in which he captured 7 wickets for 1 run.

Sid Sharks:

Opener 1
Opener 2
Batsman 1
Sachin Ramesh Tendulkar
Batsman 3
All Rounder 2
Kumar Sangakkara (WK)
Bowler 1
Abdul Qadir
Sarfraz Nawaz Malik
Bowler 4

India=1
Pakistan=2
SL/Bangladesh=1/2

042865.jpg

One of the best openers the sub continent has produced a graceful left hander that will give me a solid batsman at the top. Also he was one of those rare batsman that did well against Australia in their prime, averaged 59 against them.

1 Saeed Anwar
4 Javed Miandad
11 Murali

If dare had not picked Anwar I would had.

Ok now. Time to seal the deal on my bowlers. My final bowling pick for some time.

Javagal Srinath.

425894.html

Arguably India's fastest-ever bowler, Javagal Srinath heralded a period of awakening for Indian pace bowling, after Kapil Dev's swing had fired popular imagination. And when he retired from international cricket of 11 years in 2003, Srinath was second only to Kapil in number of Test wickets by an Indian paceman.

Sid Sharks:

Opener 1
Opener 2
Batsman 1
Sachin Ramesh Tendulkar
Batsman 3
All Rounder 2
Kumar Sangakkara (WK)
Bowler 1
Abdul Qadir
Javagal Srinath
Sarfraz Nawaz Malik

India=2
Pakistan=2
SL/Bangladesh=1/2

I genuinely don't have a clue :p. I hope he's not a big name player that will shred my name as a cricket fan to pieces for forgetting...:facepalm

Never thought I will struggle finding 11 quality players for my side. I doubt I will get another good bowler in my side with no batting to speak of as yet.

I have terribly screwed things up here, thanks to my inexperience in these type of drafts. And now it's too late to come back! God knows what will happen.

I have terribly screwed things up here, thanks to my inexperience in these type of drafts. And now it's too late to come back! God knows what will happen.

at least you have all your picks, I lost one (or Zorax did) and will have to make it up at the end.
it aint that bad man.

Admit it you are a kid.

Prasad was going to be my next pick! Well here we go with my final pick before I get hammered with the last pick for a few rounds so I might as well make the best of it. I pick Mohammad Yousuf. While I will end up with a couple of mediocre picks, I've wrested the initiative and constructed a batting order that'll make most bowlers lose their marbles just reading about. :)

NP11

1. Sunil Gavaskar
2. Virender Sehwag
3. Zaheer Abbas
4. Mohammad Yousuf
11. Waqar Younis

nightprowler10 added 1 Minutes and 26 Seconds later...

King Cricket to pick Mohd Sami IMO.

Damm damm dammm. Need to dig harder for batting jewels now.

Users who are viewing this thread