Alleged match fixing in the IPL

The IPL is complete BS. And Shastri has to be the most biased commentator along with Gavaskar. Both are BS.

The IPL is complete BS. And Shastri has to be the most biased commentator along with Gavaskar. Both are BS.

I hate to be the one defending the IPL because personally I find it boring. It's average batsmen spanking below average bowlers all over the place on dead pitches. Yes there are the odd international stand outs and yes there are some matches where the bowlers have their say but it's not often.

The reason I believe IPL is a necessary evil is because it attracts a new and young audience to the sport. I've spoken to quite a few friends, many of whom are female and they are starting to like cricket. IPL is a great introduction. It is then up to the ICC and individual cricket boards to keep these new recruits interested and not just "IPL fans".

I would agree that IPL has created more fans of cricket than it has destroyed.

And now the IPL chairman has resigned. Legendary stuff. If Srinivasan continues after all this, the whole setup is a farce.

That's better than not stepping anywhere. Although he should've gone, I'll at least welcome that though.

Still, this organisation is a farce.

And the idea behind bringing up these early posts ?
Btw, the thread name wasn't the same as it is now, and this was then said

I didn't know it was an old thread, and the point still stands. Normally when you read a thread you start at the beginning, strange tradition but I don't like to go against convention

Users who are viewing this thread