Any Improvements?

PC's gone all Facebook on us
I was hoping to introduce enough of those facebook like things so people would stop posting about adding them, but not enough so they weren't ignorable to everyone who rightly doesn't care.

I will look at modifying the friends section so that it can display the current status of people on your friends list and other logical sections of the site, but it won't be going anywhere that's visible without you intending to see them, but it certainly will not be in the postbit.

Or create an online persona account on Facebook that you detach from your "real" one.

How can I leave the group "The I don't care if it's an online forum"?
When I click on it, I am redirected to homepage for Social Groups.

There's some issues with how the forum handles some of the addresses in the groups section. Sometime soon I'll try doing a software upgrade on what causes those issues and see if it improves things.

May I know why posts of new members do not appear immediately here?

Because most new 'members' are spambots. Earlier today I deleted the 13 threads one had made in about 5 minutes. I don't like having the inconvenience for new members, but unfortunately it's the best way to ensure the sometimes very inappropriate spam doesn't appear.

Members with a few posts approved are removed from needing approval after a day or so. Yours seem good so I've manually upgraded your account.

Can we have the time lag between successive posts reduced to 10 seconds ?? 20 seconds delays sending of VMs to our "cricket league" members .

It is so irritating at the time of drafts.

Can we have the time lag between successive posts reduced to 10 seconds ?? 20 seconds delays sending of VMs to our "cricket league" members .
No. You can't locate a thread, read it and write a substantive reply in 10 seconds.

I think he means the 20 second delay between sending VMs, as league managers sometimes need to send the same reminder to multiple people.
It rather annoyed me in the past, but now I don't have any delay. :p

No. You can't locate a thread, read it and write a substantive reply in 10 seconds.

I open a few threads at a time and often get annoyed by the 20 second thing. But I think it's fine at the moment for posts in a thread, because normally it only says wait 1 or 2 seconds and that's fine. And 10 seconds is far to little anyway

I think he means the 20 second delay between sending VMs, as league managers sometimes need to send the same reminder to multiple people.
It rather annoyed me in the past, but now I don't have any delay. :p

The VM thing is annoying though. It's the same message on each league member's VM thing and I open all their profiles in different tabs at the same time but I have to wait before I can post it in each one.

Unfortunately the VM limit has to be the same as for posts, which I don't intend to lower. I'll look for a way to improve things for league owners however.

The VM thing is annoying though. It's the same message on each league member's VM thing and I open all their profiles in different tabs at the same time but I have to wait before I can post it in each one.

Yeah, that's what I do as well.

Don't mind the database errors if you're getting them, just doing a bit of upgrading.

How can I leave the group "The I don't care if it's an online forum"?
When I click on it, I am redirected to homepage for Social Groups.
This should work fine now.

Also, there's a shiny new reply function for VMs.

Users who are viewing this thread