April 2 - India v Sri Lanka - The Final!

Awesome hundred by Jayawardene, could be the match winner for SL.

Well batted by Kulasekara too.

Great innings of Jayawardene, but I still feel that India can reach this target.

Zaheer with all his experience bowling length balls and full tosses in the WC finals.

SERIOUSLY ???? :mad

Zaheer's first five - 5-3-6-1
Ends with figures - 10-3-60-2

It is SL's game to lose now. Though Indian batting is strong chasing 275 on a slow pitch, which will turn more is going to be very difficult.

^Well said Mohit, it is now Srilanka's game to lose. Zaheer for sure messed it up.

I think I should've watched batman-superman instead, wouldn't have given me tensions.
An absolute Viru-Tendu treat can save us now.

Awesome innings by Jayawardene, on par with the previous 2 hundreds made by Ponting and Gilchrist. Brilliant. Also the 3rd powerplay totally nullified the first one. SL have put a daunting total on the board but IMO India has the ammo to make 275. We have the batsmen and the pitch looks like a belter as it was evident from the last few overs.

except for the first 10 overs, india have looked shambolic!

the last 5 overs is just a kick in the nuts. completely swung the momentum in SLs favor.

need a magic from sachin or sehwag. dont see us winning "comfortably" from here.

7 out of 9 world cups have been the team batting first. Host nation has never won a WC. could this apply tonight ? :facepalm

It is SL's game to lose now. Though Indian batting is strong chasing 275 on a slow pitch, which will turn more is going to be very difficult.

We have to Prove we are the best batting line-up. We can't expect everything on a Platter.

275 on a Bombay Belter against Spinners, come on now, if we can't get this then we can't be the best batsmen.

Wow nice way to finish off the last ball. Going to take some chasing for the Indians, this crowd might take it's toll on them.

Hope it comes down to the last over and India hits a four off the last ball to bring up 274.

Got some major negative nancy's here. Lets just hope and pray they reach this target. Sachin, Viru, Gambhir, Yuvraj... someone needs to step up and play a blinder. Lets go India.

India have the batsmen to chase this.

SL have the bowlers to defend this.

Murali vs Tendulkar.

We're in for a cracker of a 2nd innings :D What a final!

We have to Prove we are the best batting line-up. We can't expect everything on a Platter.

275 on a Bombay Belter against Spinners, come on now, if we can't get this then we can't be the best batsmen.

I can't help but be pessimistic about it, even with dew you could see how Murali & co. did against Nzl. I know our batsmen are better, but pressure can get to the best batsmen too.

Users who are viewing this thread