Ashes Cricket 2013 General Discussion

Yeah he is having a dig at the game, why after chief spent 5 minutes explaining the field area of the game. I say thanks chief, love these kind of things.:D

It was a pretty intelligible post. I don't think it's worth worrying about...

We'll get our fix of screenshots and more sooner than later. Patience is a virtue.

Gotta laugh when people have a cry and say 'I'm not gonna buy your game'

No.One.Cares.

Just heard the podcast chief.....the field modifier sounds really good :D! If you can answer this now, can you please tell us if the AI would also pick its fields more intelligently, e.g. a batsman who is strong on the leg side is batting....in this case would the AI setup a field which is packed on the onside and then bowl according to its field? Also, will they sometimes try the tactic of negative bowling, where they setup a field on the offside and then keep bowling outside off (same for leg side as well)?

Basically, in short, would the AI alter the field depending on the match situation or the batsman's strenght and then try to bowl according to that field?

Just heard the podcast chief.....the field modifier sounds really good :D! If you can answer this now, can you please tell us if the AI would also pick its fields more intelligently, e.g. a batsman who is strong on the leg side is batting....in this case would the AI setup a field which is packed on the onside and then bowl according to its field? Also, will they sometimes try the tactic of negative bowling, where they setup a field on the offside and then keep bowling outside off (same for leg side as well)?

Basically, in short, would the AI alter the field depending on the match situation or the batsman's strenght and then try to bowl according to that field?

I asked the same thing, it's great the field editor has lots for us to do but if the ai does not have near the same options as us then the same kind of problems will show there ugly heads again. Still a nice step forward.:spy

It's sad.
First they cry out that Chief doesn't give us the updates, blah blah.
And now he has revealed some info, they are still not satisfied.
7 weeks is alot of time, we should be ready for some cool new updates about the game.

it would be the first licence game which has not reveal a single glimpse of the game with 7 weeks left.....and in my opinion the dont have have anything to show thats why tey are not revealing anything!!!!!!.......Just look at Ea they have already revealed screenshots and features of fifa 14....whereas we have only gotten a audio on the field editor!!!!!:facepalm

EA have a huge budget and a fanbase who'll buy their game, even if it's just FIFA 13 in disguise.

Not defending this game, but your example was ridiculous.

EA have a huge budget and a fanbase who'll buy their game, even if it's just FIFA 13 in disguise.

Not defending this game, but your example was ridiculous.

Thanx Bevab, really didn't bothered to reply him there.

Btw I am quite sure it is no step forward from Fifa 13.:noway

and in my opinion the dont have have anything to show thats why tey are not revealing anything!!!!!!.......Just look at Ea they have already revealed screenshots and features of fifa 14....whereas we have only gotten a audio on the field editor!!!!!:facepalm

1) I was hoping that now the age rating has been announced these whisperings that this is some sort of phantom game would end... You can't even submit for those until content complete: you can trust me when I say that the game is in final bug-fixing!

2) Screenshots of FIFA 14 are pretty easily come by when most of the content to build for it is in the previous game surely?

:)

Thanx Bevab, really didn't bothered to reply him there.

Btw I am quite sure it is no step forward from Fifa 13.:noway

Best approach to follow with long running annual titles like FIFA, Madden etc. is to buy them every other year. In a year's time there wouldn't be enough modifications to warrant purchasing the game.

did you guys approached indian,west indies, sri lanka,pakistan and other national cricket boards for purchasing the licenses.....?

If You had taken that pain you could have given the answer instead of Trolling around in Forums.

The game is clearly centered around the Ashes 2013...thus England and Aussie licences.....the other licenses wouldn't make sense unless it was World Cricket or something. The only thing that is going to make it feasible for companies to run complete licenses is if there is a central licence issued by say the ICC. But individual countries hold the licences for that country making it incredibly expensive to buy more. Plus I understand that EA still hold some licences etcetera.....

The game is clearly centered around the Ashes 2013...thus England and Aussie licences.....the other licenses wouldn't make sense unless it was World Cricket or something. The only thing that is going to make it feasible for companies to run complete licenses is if there is a central licence issued by say the ICC. But individual countries hold the licences for that country making it incredibly expensive to buy more. Plus I understand that EA still hold some licences etcetera.....

Thanks for the info.

Users who are viewing this thread