Ashes Cricket 2013 General Discussion

I hope so.

----------

I didn't say that they weren't finished... It was all hypothetical.

I said very early on that I wouldn't answer firmly on anything I didn't have control over: That backlash I do NOT need. :) I appreciate this is frustrating for you sometimes, but you already have a level of visability and insight very rarely offered on this sort of thing... I know the waiting is hard, and that sometimes they are not the answers you'd like, but I appreciate all your feedback.

We love to see you on here chief, you have been a true trooper and we don't blame you for anything. I also understand the need for real cricket to be on tv to help with the buss for the game.
If you can give us the heads up when 505 games will reveal the game that would be super. Maybe a count down when they release imformation to you by a squad of armed army men with M16.:p

Buying both games Day 1.:thumbs

Is the official feature list out yet ? I think the official feature list will keep the fans happy for a while :)

Apart from the Q&A, has anyone accumulated the confirmed features of the game ?

i think they will start to show gameplay videos only when the sports channels start to show the highlites of previous ashes matches

General public would not know it is from the same company as the publisher is different now! For the general public out there IC2010 was made by codemasters and they would see 505 games on AC13.

I kind of agree with Chief.....from general public point of view it does matter if they release the screenshots and videos when the Ashes series' hype starts! Before that it is only us Fans that are craving for the screens and videos and sadly we constitute only 5-6% of the total cricket gaming population out there....even though our feedback constitutes atleast 70% of the feedback available out there :p

I think the general public dont look at the publisher/developer name. They see the word ashes and they will assume its made and developed by the same companies as before...

hey chief..
Good to see you playing the bouncers bowled by the fans. It takes some courage to answer us. Talkin of bouncers I have some questions below related to some of irritation I faced when platibg ic 2010. Here are my bouncers

1. In ic 2010 a bowler used to bowl 3 to 4 short balls or more continously and then 1 yorker. This pattern followed a lot making the AI bowling too predictable. Spinners used to ball same line and length making it boring to bat. Hope that we get more varied line and length of bowling from AI.
2. Catching should be left to the AI according to me or atleast an option to the user to turn it off.
3. The sounds of edges and some other shots in IC 2010 were like ball hitting the pads and not the bat. Very irritating.
4. In ea c07 for eg. when i used to try hitting cover drives, the ball used to go to 3rd man sometimes if I miss time. Loved this unpredictabity while batting. 360 shots are good but the user should not always be allowed to hit to the field of view if he miss times.
5. Odd changing weather, odd ball staying low will be real fun making the test matches more interesting. Would also love to see odd ball spinning more on dusty pitches.
6. Action replays should also be shown when the user wants from different angles.
7. Fast bowlers lacked rhythm in ic2010 and I really got bored looking at their run up.

phew.... sorry about asking too much.

Is this 360 shot control thing means we can hit six or four over the head of wicket keeper...a.k.a Dilscoop?

3. The sounds of edges and some other shots in IC 2010 were like ball hitting the pads and not the bat. Very irritating.

I believe the sound files have changed this time around..they've recorded new files and I hope those sounds sound great (especially the ball hitting bat sounds)

Last edited:
Hi chief, just a quick question what do you think about difficulty sliders for the future.p.s Also with Champions Trophy starting on the 6th of june, is this the reason why you are releasing before the ashes starts. June going to be a busy month for cricket and for you guys.:thumbs

AC 2013 will be released from the all PC members hearts as the non realistic cricket game:D

thank u chief for giving us the info on the player editor but i plzz dont reveal so much about the game.........the burning wicket trailer was already enough to make us go nuts about the game and now a whole audio on player editor has ensure that this game will get more sales than gta 5!!!PLZZ 505 GAMES DONT REVEAL TOO MUCH OTHERWISE THERE WILL BE NO INTEREST LEFT IN THE GAME!!:yes

----------

P.s: I wouldn't buy a game just because ashes series is going on and a game is being sold with the title ashes!!!

thank u chief for giving us the info on the player editor but i plzz dont reveal so much about the game.........the burning wicket trailer was already enough to make us go nuts about the game and now a whole audio on player editor has ensure that this game will get more sales than gta 5!!!PLZZ 505 GAMES DONT REVEAL TOO MUCH OTHERWISE THERE WILL BE NO INTEREST LEFT IN THE GAME!!:yes

----------

P.s: I wouldn't buy a game just because ashes series is going on and a game is being sold with the title ashes!!!

what r u trying to say???

It's sad.
First they cry out that Chief doesn't give us the updates, blah blah.
And now he has revealed some info, they are still not satisfied.
7 weeks is alot of time, we should be ready for some cool new updates about the game.

That was just a piece of sarcasm without any decency I guess.

Users who are viewing this thread