Ashes Cricket 2013 General Discussion

That's where we are going wrong, we need ultimatums.

Screenshots in a week or else! That'll show them!

Nice one Matt, maybe i will say if you don't give us screens or news in early may 505 games then i will send my kittens after then, go get them lee and gone4aduck.:eek:

The last he mentioned the demo was unconfirmed but not ruled out.

I think they are short on time, so I'm not expecting a demo release at all.

Someone had earlier posted on the forum that he downloads pirated games to see if it was worth buying or not. So if they aren't thinking of a demo, they should try and put some gameplay videos.

True, I'm going to try not to talk about my dislikes about the marketing anyway.
Quick question to chief, can you confirm yorker for six of the back foot has gone.
Im serious, can you please play the game and tell us when you can.
P.s any chance we can see your cricket academy picture yet.:D

Even if you can hit yorker for six on backfoot in this game too, do you really think Chief will mention "No, it's not gone. You can still play pull shot on yorker. It is one of the feature that makes our game different from others and adding to that, we don't have enough resources to remove this feature so you have to deal with it."?

Anyways I think we should get realistically with our demands for this game considering most of our wishes have been turned down. So here goes my question, Will this game have cricket ball and umpires? :cheers

On serious note, If media doesn't come out in this week or so, I am afraid things will get lot more worse here and it will be too late for 505 games to fix it.

Even if you can hit yorker for six on backfoot in this game too, do you really think Chief will mention "No, it's not gone. You can still play pull shot on yorker. It is one of the feature that makes our game different from others and adding to that, we don't have enough resources to remove this feature so you have to deal with it."?

Anyways I think we should get realistically with our demands for this game considering most of our wishes have been turned down. So here goes my question, Will this game have cricket ball and umpires? :cheers

On serious note, If media doesn't come out in this week or so, I am afraid things will get lot more worse here and it will be too late for 505 games to fix it.

Or they release whatever they want when they feel the time is right and they are within the boundaries of their obligations and it proves to be a cracker of a game and this thread dissapears into a forgotten puff of dust and we all have forgotten about all the gripes and are enjoying a decent game of cricket. So we honestly think that this thread or any other holds some kind of magical power to determine the fate of these games? There are thousands upon thousands of people who dont even know PC exists who will buy this game and probably enjoy it. To think that that what is said on these forums is somehow the key to the game being a success or not is absolutely fantastical.

Last edited by a moderator:
Or they release whatever they want when they feel the time is right and they are within the boundaries of their obligations and it proves to be a cracker of a game and this thread dissapears into a forgotten puff of dust and we all have forgotten about all the gripes and are enjoying a decent game of cricket. So we honestly think that this thread or any other holds some kind of magical power to determine the fate of these games? There are thousands upon thousands of people who dont even know PC exists who will buy this game and probably enjoy it. To think that that what is said on these forums is somehow the key to the game being a success or not is absolutely fantastical.
Actually I mean that users here will go mad troubling chief with their demanding posts if the update doesn't come this week and by 505games, I was referring to the marketing of this game. Usually you see screenshots of sports game 4-5 months before release but if you release the first look of game just a month before release, it will affect sales due to lack of awareness. There will be lot of cricket fans who wouldn't even know about the existence of this game even one month after release. Marketing has a huge impact on game sales and I feel 505games may have left too late for them this time. You would expect the game (be it licensed sports game) to release it's second or third trailer this time rather waiting for them to release first peek of game.

Not taking sides, but I hope people here realize Big Ant has had the game in development 3 times longer than AC13. Plus, this game has a deadline. So stop comparing!

If you really feel the game lacks features, then shut your mouths and wait for the next Ashes title for 2 more years. Neither Trickstar nor 505 are forcing you to pay for it. I wonder how Chief is even entertaining some of you!

Hi

I think a demo unlikely, but there will be loads of gameplay videos, yes.

Is there a change of pacing according to gamestyle chief ?
Like are the proceedings slower in tests and a lot quicker in T20's.

Was this question already answered ?

Am not sure if this will be answered but will the fielders cross the boundary rope while chasing boundaries instead of the stop dead animation usually seen once the ball crosses the boundary.
It does nothing to gameplay but adds a bit of realism.

Not taking sides, but I hope people here realize Big Ant has had the game in development 3 times longer than AC13. Plus, this game has a deadline. So stop comparing!

And why exactly should that stop the people from comparing two cricket games releasing in the same year?

If you really feel the game lacks features, then shut your mouths and wait for the next Ashes title for 2 more years. Neither Trickstar nor 505 are forcing you to pay for it. I wonder how Chief is even entertaining some of you!

If people just shut their mouths you would have had no features in any future games!!! There are some of the features that BigAnt has put in their game 'after' the fans here have pointed out that they need it in the game. E.g Saving an online game!!! Where one developer has mentioned that it is not possible for them to implement this, the other just went out and implemented it. The difference 'is' there in both games and not all of it is based on lack of time.....some of it is clearly based on the attitude of both the developers. If you read some previous posts by both the parties (which I am sure you have), then you would know what I am saying!

This is a public forum, and people are here to express their views. People here are not demanding totally unrealistic features anyways!! 'Most' of the feedback/criticism has been constructive, and if some people dont like some other people's views, doesnt mean either one is correct or wrong! Different people have different views....so respect it :)!

Edit:

Also, if I may add so, both developers are here to take suggestions and feedback on their respective games! I am sure they are not here just to hear their praises! If they deserve the praise, they will get it, if they do not then they just wont! Just see BigAnt.....when they had declared that they would be coming out with a game, people were just making jokes and noone had much expectations from them. But look at them now.....they actually are on the verge of becoming history makers in cricket gaming (on paper atleast, for now). So as I said, they are here for our views, suggestions and feedback! You are right that noone is forcing anyone to buy the game, and noone here has said that they are being forced, so I really do not understand why this term is always brought out by some people on this board!

' If we are investing so much into both these games, by being so involved in its development, then we do have the right to express our criticism towards it as well'

Last edited:
Actually I mean that users here will go mad troubling chief with their demanding posts if the update doesn't come this week and by 505games, I was referring to the marketing of this game. Usually you see screenshots of sports game 4-5 months before release but if you release the first look of game just a month before release, it will affect sales due to lack of awareness. There will be lot of cricket fans who wouldn't even know about the existence of this game even one month after release. Marketing has a huge impact on game sales and I feel 505games may have left too late for them this time. You would expect the game (be it licensed sports game) to release it's second or third trailer this time rather waiting for them to release first peek of game.

I just don't agree. I suspect a very high proportion of sales will come during the Ashes series itself: mainly from people seeing the game on a poster or TV etc, and immediately being able to buy it in a shop and have it in their hands.

----------

I don't see why not? I've been totally honest with you so far: why would I stop now?

I don't treat you guys as customers: I treat you as fans, and as a part of the development process. None of your ideas/wishes have been discounted: they have all been considered and either implemented or not. If not, I've explained why not, and most remain wishes for the future.

I agree with chief that sales will be good when the ashes is on, they could release no screens or trailers and still sell when people go to the shops or word of mouth goes around schools or workplaces.
So can you talk about hitting the ball for six of the back foot of a yorker chief.
Just have to get though 505 security doors and laser mines to play the game so see you in a few weeks.:p:lol

Thanks for your time chief and can't wait to see the game soon.:rolleyes

I think a demo unlikely, but there will be loads of gameplay videos, yes.

Chief, I remember you saying that the visuals would be revealed around February. And we are 3 months delayed already. And you do say that you would show us lots of videos. Like when do you expect to kickstart your campaign? I know you mentioned IPL as a reason but a few teams are falling down the table and much of the interest is moving towards the top teams. Shouldn't this be your way in?

I suspect a very high proportion of sales will come during the Ashes series itself: mainly from people seeing the game on a poster or TV etc, and immediately being able to buy it in a shop and have it in their hands.

Unless they bought ic2010 and see its the same company making it!
It will never be forgotten how ic2010 customers were left with their "broken" product.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread