Ashes Cricket 2013 General Discussion

Not to hurt any one but honestly this forum is so dead and boring......

It will get livlier soon and the mean time we can enjoy the fact that we have not one but two active cricket game threads going on in the run up to release.....

48 days to go...but still we dont know what is about to come to us :thumbs :facepalm

Agreed, working in a marketing environment myself, I think their marketing team is playing it a bit too close. Usually you have a start-up campaign with screen shots, developer videos. Then the full campaign 1 month out (full length trailers, gameplay, full features). I know that it's all IPL now and Champions Trophy afterward but Cricket is Cricket regardless of the format or tournament. But I'm no expert, I've only been in the industry for 6 years :|

Not to hurt any one but honestly this forum is so dead and boring......

*jiggles*

"All the single ladies..."

*jiggles*

"...all the sing ladies"

Just doing my bit...

The Champions Trophy squads have been announced and people are settling in. I think now is the best time. Maybe this week or the next. Lets not push it too far.

It will get livlier soon and the mean time we can enjoy the fact that we have not one but two active cricket game threads going on in the run up to release.....

Well to be honest, I Really think 505 games has in fact put more pressure on themselves (whether they feel it or not is another issue) by waiting so long to reveal any solid info specially since their game is just above a month away from launch. BigAnt on the other hand has gained tremendous momentum and, it seems, still has the legs to sustain it.

It is not just about providing gameplay info, though that really should be out by now seeing they are so close to launch, but rather about getting people excited well in advance. Maybe they could have had some small competition or something.....whatever.....anything to get and remain in the news, specially now. Keeping the forum dead even now.....well I am really not able to put any logic behind it. If the gameplay isn't ready to show yet, then at least they could have shown some more development stuff like the artwork etc.....anything to make people get used to you, keep hearing about you, and thus have a sense of loyalty towards you. Heck even if they can generate some hate for themselves....even that is cool, but just get into the news.

They had a tremendous start when chief joined these forums and talked about the game and had those developer videos rolling......but that was ages ago. If they really had planned to show nothing till now, then probably it would have been a better idea to release those developer videos now instead.

If the Indian forums that I am a part of has any relevance , then I have to say, this game is generating a lot of negative vibe there. People are slowly getting bugged by it....infact the ashes thread on that forum has more posts about bigant's game, even though bigant's game has their own separate thread. And trust me....the word regarding games goes out from that Indian forum to other Indian gamers.

I was hoping that there would be some info, or at least a definite plan for showing info, starting from the begining of this month and I expected people to be more active in this thread, but that has really not happened, has it? Personally I feel they have pushed it too late to generate any positive vibe or strike that emotional cord with the buying audience. And thats why I feel they have put more pressure on themselves as now they really would need to come out with something drastic to have the people excited for their game.

Am actually pretty surprised by their tactics and really hope it is because they have a product that will generate the hype in a month.

Last edited:
...hope it is because they have a product that will generate the hype in a month.

You do know this game was announced back in September 2012, right? It's been generating "hype" for over 9 months.

You do know this game was announced back in September 2012, right? It's been generating "hype" for over 9 months.

It has????

Hmmm....I cant seem to see it though!

As I already mentioned....they had a great start....but since the last 2-3 months, they might be creating something, but it aint hype for sure. That's why I feel they are leaving the marketing campaign for too late! Seeing the release date, 505 Games should start generating some hype as soon as possible, unless maybe they are not confident of sustaining the hype for long, which, if true, seems like pretty bad news again as it means they are not confident about their product.

Users who are viewing this thread