Ashes Cricket 2013 General Discussion

In fairness they have two agencies to do marketing
Which certainly doesn't help matters.

See, that I can never understand. Why is there no demo, Chief? Don't you want your customer base to be able to sample the game before buying? See how well it runs on their system? See if they like the feel of the game?
I think they've said that they are constrained on time, demos need their own extra set of bug testing. If they were flat out trying to hit the release date that makes sense.

I would usually suggest that renting the game is a good way of trying it out - especially as demos are often misleading, but a new release rental gets you a third of the way to the cost of the game on PC.

I still cant understand this whole process!

Trust us cricket fans to get 2 games: 1 with no marketing and no apparant sales strategy and a total mystery.

And the other we know all about have been given unreal creator but no release date or name!

Never an easy ride in the cricket gaming industry! Ha!

I guess they are on cost cutting mode right now, so no spendng on marketing and stuff :)

I think they are trying to save up on marketing as ashes is going to start soon. So people are gonna be hyped about it. Thus they might choose a date in between the ashes so that they don't have to spend a lot on the marketing. I wont be surprised if we see a few actual ads floating during matches.

----------

This one's for Chief: "You mentioned that there are around 80 different shot animations in the game. But can we actually feel the fluency of a player in the game? For instance, can we notice a difference between cover drive played by Phil Huges and Michael Clarke? I real life we'll spot the difference between the two in a heartbeat. "

Last edited:
I think they are trying to save up on marketing as ashes is going to start soon. So people are gonna be hyped about it. Thus they chose a date in between the ashes so that they don't have to spend a lot on the marketing. I wont be surprised if we see a few actual ads floating during matches.

Hi Angry, long time no see! Maybe you're right. I will say one thing for them: at least they're getting the game out in time for the titular series - AC09's release date was utterly unacceptable! Why June 21st though? Ashes 13 doesn't start until July 10th - why not use another week of that time to do some more bug squishing?

Yeah mate, eventually life catches up to you and you have to get your priorities straight. Now got some breather and thought about having a look at the forum again. Brought back the nostalgic memories of Ashes 09 pre-release time. All of us were so hyped and so happy before the release. PC got a nice few exclusive trips and we had a developer who was actually listening to us. Unfortunately that was it. We found bugs and before they could patch up they went bust. I hope 505 manage to pull a rabbit out of the hat against all the expectations so that we don't have to worry about them going bust. Not that they are going to in any time in the future. ;) Right! Chief ?

So tomorrow is friday, I guess they will have suprises up thier sleaves for us :) Are you'll excited?

So tomorrow is friday, I guess they will have suprises up thier sleaves for us :) Are you'll excited?

Bro Screenshots released on Thursday....No no excitement on Friday rather have a chilled beer party after your office finishes....Have a weekend blast...:cheers:cheers:cheers

Just their arms the way things are going and even then probably back to front and not properly joined at the shoulders....,

Not expecting a thing! Although if this game is too release on time we are not far away!! Which is sp baffeling !

will there be any feature like super sub???

----------

will there be super substitutes??

----------

will there be super substitutes??

Will there be any feature like "Super_Release_On_Time_Without_Gamebreaking_Bugs" :spy

Users who are viewing this thread