Ashes Cricket 2013 General Discussion

I like how BLIC2005 had more features (unique bowler run ups, bowler speeds felt fast etc)

so dunno what this mike fegan is on about when he said it's hard to make the ball look fast. Tbh the guy looks like a prick anyway

I like how BLIC2005 had more features (unique bowler run ups, bowler speeds felt fast etc)

so dunno what this mike fegan is on about when he said it's hard to make the ball look fast. Tbh the guy looks like a prick anyway

Couldnt agree more. BLIC2005 set on Hard actually had rapid bowling and both user and computer would play and miss.

Not going to lie, I feel like playing BLIC 2005 again. That was darn fun. I wonder if Ross liked it?

Couldnt agree more. BLIC2005 set on Hard actually had rapid bowling and both user and computer would play and miss.

Yeah on top of that, you had a good number of varied dismissals and bowling was fun to a certain extent, you always felt involved making the ball swing in and stuff, felt nice.

Not going to lie, I feel like playing BLIC 2005 again. That was darn fun. I wonder if Ross liked it?

The two main issues with BLIC were that AI was simply too incompetent and you could get them out cheaply every time. Second issue was the unrealistic change in pace with fast bowlers like Lee or Akhtar bowling speeds varying between 160 kph and 90 kph!!! I guess if the AI had been better, especially on the batting side, it would have been a great game.

Yeah, absolutely. That is why I personally rate BLIC2005 as probably, if not THE best cricket game to have been released to date. Furthermore, I really enjoyed the fully licensing of the ICC World Cup and the ICC Champions Trophy. Was top class as it gave the game a dynamic and "real" feel.

Hahahahaha! I just read the end sentence and burst out laughing. You smashed it bro!

Yeah, absolutely. That is why I personally rate BLIC2005 as probably, if not THE best cricket game to have been released to date. Furthermore, I really enjoyed the fully licensing of the ICC World Cup and the ICC Champions Trophy. Was top class as it gave the game a dynamic and "real" feel.

Hahahahaha! I just read the end sentence and burst out laughing. You smashed it bro!

Woah! BLIC 2005 < BLC 99.

The two main issues with BLIC were that AI was simply too incompetent and you could get them out cheaply every time. Second issue was the unrealistic change in pace with fast bowlers like Lee or Akhtar bowling speeds varying between 160 kph and 90 kph!!! I guess if the AI had been better, especially on the batting side, it would have been a great game.

I understand that the variance in previous games might not be "real" compared to the real stat's (as in the bowling speeds) however I'd forgive them for this as it's a matter of dealing with game balance.

There is such a variance in player ability as you're targeting hundreds of thousands of people so it's hard to capture a reasonable balance for all of them. Most people don't play for as long as those on here so you can expect most games are not tailored for this audience, they are for the masses.

Since it has now turned into an "ask ross" thread...ross, is there dynamic weather in ashes like Cricket 14?? They keep talking about live pitch and weather but never explained it completely. I am asking you because you have seen some footage of the game.

I'm a bit out of the loop, but how does ross know everything about AC2013 guys? bit confusing

I understand that the variance in previous games might not be "real" compared to the real stat's (as in the bowling speeds) however I'd forgive them for this as it's a matter of dealing with game balance.

There is such a variance in player ability as you're targeting hundreds of thousands of people so it's hard to capture a reasonable balance for all of them. Most people don't play for as long as those on here so you can expect most games are not tailored for this audience, they are for the masses.

The main issue I have with earlier games is the AI was so easy to beat. I have yet to meet any cricket gamer, even the casual ones, who had any difficulty in beating AI on the hardest difficulty in the game. Now compare this to say Madden, FIFA or other sports titles and casual gamers would not be able to come even close to beating the AI. I have known decent Madden players who struggle to beat Madden on "All Madden" whereas almost any casual gamer would be able to beat a cricket game AI on hardest difficulty after spending a few hours with the game.

I don't expect developers to get the game right in every aspect and am willing to give them the benefit of doubt. But what I do find unacceptable is lack of effort in making the game challenging for half-decent gamers. I mean how is it possible for folks to score at 20 runs an over in AC09 on Hardest difficulty? The main reason AC09 was such a hit was coz of online play as it allowed you to get away from poor AI.

I understand developers face plenty of challenges developing niche titles like cricket but IMO developers have taken the easy way out so far. What they have failed to understand is that maybe one of the reasons cricket games don't sell that much is because there's hardly any longevity factor to consider. Most folks know that after a few days they can pack the game in unlike the other titles. Neither is the AI much of a challenge nor have cricket games so far provided any features like career mode which TBH have been around for ages.

Hopefully BAC 14 will be the turning point in evolution of cricket gaming and we will finally get to face a challenging AI for once where the aim is not to score 600 runs in an odi :rolleyes That's why if I can ask for one thing from BAC 14, it would be that there's a "Legend" difficulty mode for hardcore gamers and you actually have to be a good player to beat the AI on the hardest difficulty:yes

I'm a bit out of the loop, but how does ross know everything about AC2013 guys? bit confusing

I have my ways :spy

Until last week I hadn't actually seen it for myself, only the screenshots and here-say from people I trust telling me how much trouble they were in (that's how I knew in March that they weren't going to make June).

It's not that I know any more than Chief & 505 / Trickstar, it's just that I tell you all about it :p

I have my ways :spy

Until last week I hadn't actually seen it for myself, only the screenshots and here-say from people I trust telling me how much trouble they were in (that's how I knew in March that they weren't going to make June).

It's not that I know any more than Chief & 505 / Trickstar, it's just that I tell you all about it :p

How did you manage to see the game? :eek: Are you referring to the 6 second clip shown by the AC13 team :rolleyes

Users who are viewing this thread