Ashes Cricket 2013 General Discussion

How did you manage to see the game? :eek: Are you referring to the 6 second clip shown by the AC13 team :rolleyes

No he's referring to this:

I was at a government function for the launch of PAX. The Ashes team obviously booked this in advance and thought they'd be finished by now. They are far from it.

Ross I know that it's not your responsibility to do so but could you possibly go into a bit more detail regarding what you saw?

No he's referring to this:

Ross I know that it's not your responsibility to do so but could you possibly go into a bit more detail regarding what you saw?

I missed that piece! Yeah, would love to get Ross' insight into the game. Maybe he could have recorded a clip of the game and shared it with us :D

No. As posted here previously I saw it last week at a PAX event in Melbourne.

edit: too slow :)

----------

I missed that piece! Yeah, would love to get Ross' insight into the game. Maybe he could have recorded a clip of the game and shared it with us :D

I thought to recording it was going too far... and not entirely fair as it would be only crappy iPhone footage... but then they did their own crappy iPhone footage.... oh well.... I must say I did cringe when people asked if it was alpha or beta, when would it be finished, and whether there would be an Android version.

I understand that the variance in previous games might not be "real" compared to the real stat's (as in the bowling speeds) however I'd forgive them for this as it's a matter of dealing with game balance.

There is such a variance in player ability as you're targeting hundreds of thousands of people so it's hard to capture a reasonable balance for all of them. Most people don't play for as long as those on here so you can expect most games are not tailored for this audience, they are for the masses.

Just wanted to chime in on this, why can't game developers just add a higher difficulty like "hardcore" or something that boasts more realistic gameplay to cater for the people who do want that?

The issue is how does the AI become "hardcore"... hard to that without having the AI cheat (ie do superhuman things the player cannot - we try to have AI that can only do what you can do).

The issue is how does the AI become "hardcore"... hard to that without having the AI cheat (ie do superhuman things the player cannot - we try to have AI that can only do what you can do).

For once I wouldn't mind a cheating AI on say "Legend" mode. At the very least it would be better than imposing restrictions like "hit at max one 4 an over" and "no lofted shots" etc. to make the game more competitive.

----------

I thought to recording it was going too far... and not entirely fair as it would be only crappy iPhone footage... but then they did their own crappy iPhone footage.... oh well.... I must say I did cringe when people asked if it was alpha or beta, when would it be finished, and whether there would be an Android version.

:lol Did they mention their "It will be in the DLC" mantra :D

I'll leave that for them... it will be interesting...

----------

For once I wouldn't mind a cheating AI on say "Legend" mode. At the very least it would be better than imposing restrictions like "hit at max one 4 an over" and "no lofted shots" etc. to make the game more competitive.

----------

:lol Did they mention their "It will be in the DLC" mantra :D

It would have been a hard audience for them, mostly fellow dev's who you can't BS, who also mostly are not into sports and don't care about cricket.

It would have been a hard audience for them, mostly fellow dev's who you can't BS, who also mostly are not into sports and don't care about cricket.

Sacrilege!!! :mad Folks in Australia "not into sports and don't care about cricket" :eek: What is the world coming to!:facepalm Next you will be telling us Poms are thrashing Aussies inside 4 days in *Ashes tests.

* not the AC13 game

I think you'll find there are a lot of Aussies today that don't care about cricket.... you do know it's footy season right? ;)

I think you'll find there are a lot of Aussies today that don't care about cricket.... you do know it's footy season right? ;)

I'm sure they don't... a sport which the poms are good at doesn't deserve to be taken seriously :p

We've won two in a row! on the march we are!!

----------

I'm sure they don't... a sport which the poms are good at doesn't deserve to be taken seriously :p

Not sure that the gulf between the sides is confirmation that the Poms are any good at cricket :p

Ross! Whilst you at work today, please go to trickstar games studio, knock the door ask if Mike Fegan's Q&A also been included in DLC too!....:facepalm

Ross! Whilst you at work today, please go to trickstar games studio, knock the door ask if Mike Fegan's Q&A also been included in DLC too!....:facepalm

And while your at it, make sure to ask about why only 5 - 7 year olds are involved with the Q&A... :yes

Users who are viewing this thread