Ashes Cricket 2013 General Discussion

Hoping for a wonderful Q&A on Friday, they need something to challenge bigant with don't they.:p

I think they have reached a point where they themselves look forward to BigAnt's releases more than their own :p

I think they have reached a point where they themselves look forward to BigAnt's releases more than their own :p

Yeah but to be honest let them postpone the game till say November or December and let us start playing a real cricket game for once.

PS Ask yourselves this question, after all this crap that has happened with ashes how good will there game be or do we have a new Duke/Alien game on are hands plus does anyone know of this happening before with a sports game ?:spy

Yeah but to be honest let them postpone the game till say November or December and let us start playing a real cricket game for once.

PS Ask yourselves this question, after all this crap that has happened with ashes how good will there game be or do we have a new Duke/Alien game on are hands plus does anyone know of this happening before with a sports game ?:spy

:eek::eek: You posted with paragraphs! That is one of a kind :p

Back on topic: I think it's best that they do postpone the game up until Australian summer, so atleast we get a decent cricket game coming out.

Zimrahil posted and asked like a gentleman so why not, I am not a unreasonable man.

PS For ashes I agree 100% give us bigant soon and maybe in 4 month or so we will get the version of ashes we hoped we would, not a cricket fans dream sure but something very solid for the aus ashes.:thumbs

Sorry but Ashes is bigger than ICC multi-nation Tournament?

Believe he meant business wise for a cricket game. Given the game will mostly sell in england and australia, and people there considering ashes the biggest tournamnet of all, an ashes game would generate more revenue than a t20wc game.

But only for t20 i think. An odi wc game would be the biggest of them all imo.

Low due to licensing.
As I've said before I can't quite get how official press releases have dried up. Last one was over a month ago...

After the reversed bat and wicket keeper without a body the claim that the delays of materials was due to "licensor" issues, ie not 505/Trickstar's fault, was at least suspect.

I would think that after the 6 second clip recorded on an iPhone was released no one could believe that the previous statement was true, I just don't believe that the clip was run by the licensors for approval :facepalm

For people saying that they won't release it, I think it is very unlikely. Ross has said this too. This is not EA which can afford to scrap games at the last minute (? la NBA Elite 2012). Even if Ashes loses them money, which is likely, they will be better off releasing it in order to make the loss as little as possible. Their reputation will take a hit with putting out a shite game but surely it would anyway with a cancelled game, even moreso.

Not sure anymore..... it's bad enough that 505 might not release it, or indeed if the licensors (Cricket Australia, ECB, etc..) care about their brands they may also reject it. If I owned the Ashes brand I wouldn't allow its release as the long term harm is too great. Pity the next game that tries to sell based on the Ashes license as they will have a lot of recovery work to do.

I made those statements prior to seeing it live.

Last edited:
Sorry but Ashes is bigger than ICC multi-nation Tournament?

Yeah I definitely think so, ashes is the purist form of cricket and who can come out on top through the gruiling 5 tests. just because it doesn't involve all the teams doesn't mean it isn't. World cup is meh now especially as theres like 50 international tournaments in 1 day

Not sure anymore..... it's bad enough that 505 might not release it, or indeed if the licensors (Cricket Australia, ECB, etc..) care about their brands they may also reject it. If I owned the Ashes brand I wouldn't release it as the long term harm is too great. Pity the next game that tries to sell based on the Ashes license as they will have a lot of recovery work to do.

Your are right, i have a feeling that AC13 is not coming out this year.:facepalm

After the reversed bat and wicket keeper without a body the claim that the delays of materials was due to "licensor" issues, ie not 505/Trickstar's fault, was at least suspect.

I would think that after the 6 second clip recorded on an iPhone was released no one could believe that the previous statement was true, I just don't believe that the clip was run by the licensors for approval :facepalm

Believe that vine clip got them in some trouble with the licensors causing them going completely off the grid in last few days.

If you believe that then you believe that they had the reverse bat approved also :)

Not sure anymore..... it's bad enough that 505 might not release it, or indeed if the licensors (Cricket Australia, ECB, etc..) care about their brands they may also reject it. If I owned the Ashes brand I wouldn't allow its release as the long term harm is too great. Pity the next game that tries to sell based on the Ashes license as they will have a lot of recovery work to do.

Ahh good point. Yes I suppose CA and ECB have a veto button that they can press. They don't want to harm the game too much. It'd have been great if say Stuart Broad were a huge gamer and turned to them and said the game was rubbish.

Do you think it was a dumb decision for the to scrap everything and start again or was it just enforced because they didn't own the IC 2010 code?

The graphics were cartoony but not awful, definitely better than what we've seen in the screenshots so far for Ashes 13. It seems like they could have had a base that's possibly better than what they've currently got, and could have built upon that with new features and made a new game. Instead, they've started from scratch and after a couple of years not even gotten back to where they once were.

Of course, if they had no access to the code then that's that.

Its really depressing reading going through this thread - Where did this all go wrong :facepalm an absolute disaster - one error and PR blunder after another

Such a contrast to BA - where would cricket gaming be without them?

Do you think it was a dumb decision for the to scrap everything and start again or was it just enforced because they didn't own the IC 2010 code?

Starting from AC09 or IC 2010 will not take them much far - their game play (atleast AC09's) seemed very bad to me, even after patching...

The first thing is their thought process about batting - can you be so sure to get a top edge when you play a ball late? In that regard, EA Cricket 07
was a lot better... There the edges went to some configed place, still better than the top edge - bottom edge system. This whole foolish idea shouldn't be there in AC13 (hopefully)...

Also in AC09, you've got to initiate your shot before the bowler bowled the ball at times (thanks to the bowling marker), to counter the pace and get enough timing.

Leaving out the AI pacing issues, I've still got somthing more -

You intend to play a leg glance to a wicket to wicket deliery, press the button and at times the batsman plays a hook shot, and you end up with your stumps shattered...

Let alone the cheating AI and the patched up stuff - these tiny things still irritate me, and these are conceptual errors I don't want to see in any another game...

Users who are viewing this thread