Ashes Cricket 2013 General Discussion

I don't know the exact details of events, but I assume they would have had the ability to have bought the rights to their old code - but they either passed on it or were outbid.

It would depend on their view of how fundamental the broken bits of the game were - starting again is often easier than trying to resolve faults. Some of the bugs in both AC09 and IC2010 could hint at systemic issues in the codebase that would have been hard to track down.

On the flipside, I'm one of many who think IC2010 is the best game on the market, and three years of refinement on that codebase would near certainly have resulted in a game that would be right up there with what Big Ant promises to be.

The major issue in retrospect seems to be that if you're going to rebuild something, rebuild it better. Either they didn't have time to do that, or they chose the wrong tool in Unity.

I'm one of many who think IC2010 is the best game on the market, and three years of refinement on that codebase would near certainly have resulted in a game that would be right up there with what Big Ant promises to be.

I've always wondered if both these companies started building a game from scratch at the same time, would big ants game look as good as it does now? I'm guessing not. When people judge ashes against big ant, they seem to forget that big ant started work on their game ages ago.
I'm with you in saying if ic2010 was worked on up to now, it would be an excellent game.

They didn't build their game from scratch, indeed they purchased an engine that has had millions of hours put into it.

We built our game from scratch, in our own engine.

They didn't build their game from scratch, indeed they purchased an engine that has had millions of hours put into it.

We built our game from scratch, in our own engine.

Best of luck for the announcement and official launch of BAC14 :thumbs Hope things go as well as you expect them to :cheers

I've always wondered if both these companies started building a game from scratch at the same time, would big ants game look as good as it does now? I'm guessing not. When people judge ashes against big ant, they seem to forget that big ant started work on their game ages ago.
I'm with you in saying if ic2010 was worked on up to now, it would be an excellent game.
I don't think it is up to the consumer to consider development time in comparing the two games. They chose to use the Ashes Cricket name to connect it back to the previous titles, so I think they don't deserve to have a pass for starting again.

If they couldn't get the rewrite up to where they were with AC09 then they shouldn't be releasing it, let alone trying to use the good name of an essentially unrelated game to sell it.

Starting from AC09 or IC 2010 will not take them much far - their game play (atleast AC09's) seemed very bad to me, even after patching...

The first thing is their thought process about batting - can you be so sure to get a top edge when you play a ball late? In that regard, EA Cricket 07
was a lot better... There the edges went to some configed place, still better than the top edge - bottom edge system. This whole foolish idea shouldn't be there in AC13 (hopefully)...

Also in AC09, you've got to initiate your shot before the bowler bowled the ball at times (thanks to the bowling marker), to counter the pace and get enough timing.

Leaving out the AI pacing issues, I've still got somthing more -

You intend to play a leg glance to a wicket to wicket deliery, press the button and at times the batsman plays a hook shot, and you end up with your stumps shattered...

Let alone the cheating AI and the patched up stuff - these tiny things still irritate me, and these are conceptual errors I don't want to see in any another game...

I agree that these gameplay elements were awful but at least keep some of the animations (which seem better than the Vine clip, by far) and the graphics and stadiums etc. If you didn't have to completely redo these things then you could have spent more time fixing the things you mentioned.

No excuses today if they don't upload their 'weekly' Q&A. And where are these Vine clips they promised?

3 months ago I was lookin forward to ac13 and had never heard of big ant, but after months of disappointment from trickster it's big ants game I can't wait for.
Gettin out ac13 1st was tricksters only hope of winnin the sales count and it seems with the lack of communication we're getting the game may not come out at all

Feels like Trickstar/505 have given up on the game.

No podcast today either (so far).

& five more days to the end of July. So they have missed another train. Mike Fegan is now probably going to show himself for an apology on 30th or 31st July.

2 weeks since the last podcast and 10 days since the last update (the vine clip), the AC13 fb page has hit an absolute low. Ppl out there are seriously cursing 505/Trickstar. Just can't get any worse. Sad.

Well I guess Ashes'13 is now in a deep coma. Chances of recovery are grim. It might be taken off the vents sooner or later. Even it survives it would only live for some months & that too in a vegetative state.

We troll them,we abuse and curse them,but i actually feel bad for the Trickstar/505!They have totally lost it all.Sorry #Ashes13.You will never come out!:(

Users who are viewing this thread