Ashes Cricket 2013 General Discussion

I remain in touch with Chief but there's nothing he can tell us about the game. I would suggest reading some of his recent tweets.

I don't expect him to at this point. I looked at his twitter feed but wasn't able to get anything related to Ac13... maybe he cleaned it up. I was curious to get Jamie's insight into the AC13 saga, nay botch job train wreck, coz he was the one who passed on all that info about the game.

I actually looked back at Chief's posts on here and his final one was along the lines of "would you prefer if I didn't interact here?" and he just left. Some kids on here were being very rude to him though and I think it would have been great to have him here to update on what's happening, although maybe he wouldn't have said a thing.

Found one related tweet probably:

The last two months are the most interesting I've had in video games, working on stuff I'd never have imagined. Change, but change for good!

My money on a rushed AC13 PC only release within the next couple weeks, just to get the game, ANY game, out there.

Yeah, get some ppl attracted by the licences, something like, "Hey BigAnt, if we don't sell well, so won't you!"

How I wish this crap gets delayed till the Australian Ashes and doesn't be a pain in the ass for Ross and co.

I would feel sorry for them too if it were not for the fact that they knew what they were doing. Theirs was an orchestrated plan to sell on license alone, that is still their plan.

I was very open about our development, they knew our plans and came after us, I have a team to keep employed and protect, hence I have a take no prisoners attitude with this game.

Even we want that team of yours to remain protected....do anything you want Ross....but don't let this team go ever....they are magicians :cheers

I don't understand not telling people you are late until the game should already be on the shelf, then apologising, then saying July when you know that can't happen either, then saying there will be weekly Q&A until release, promising everything in DLC, then the Vine clip with the promise of more, then not delivering any more Vine, nor any of the Q&A - nothing, not a word except the robotic twitter responses "yes we have licensed Australia and England", "Yes, DRS will be in DLC", etc...

Then there's the catalogues from large stores all over Australia saying it's available a week ago...never seen anything like it.... :noway

The entire game is going the way of Duke Nukem Forever.

I'm willing to bet good money that the ECB will retarct the licences and pull the game by the end of August. Bad publicity is growing like a storm around this gane already, surely someone in the commercial team from the ECB will realise this soon.

The entire game is going the way of Duke Nukem Forever.

I'm willing to bet good money that the ECB will retarct the licences and pull the game by the end of August. Bad publicity is growing like a storm around this gane already, surely someone in the commercial team from the ECB will realise this soon.

Well if they were smart they will just give the license to BigAnt (though I know its not possible now :P)!!! With the way BigAnt have designed their game it would just take them 2 days to get the game out with Ashes in it ;)!! All they need to do is create few players from Eng and Aus in the CA (or maybe copy the ones already created), put in an Ashes loading screen.....and create an Ashes Tour again in CA :cheers!!

I don't understand not telling people you are late until the game should already be on the shelf, then apologising, then saying July when you know that can't happen either, then saying there will be weekly Q&A until release, promising everything in DLC, then the Vine clip with the promise of more, then not delivering any more Vine, nor any of the Q&A - nothing, not a word except the robotic twitter responses "yes we have licensed Australia and England", "Yes, DRS will be in DLC", etc...

Because they don't care.

I don't want the restrictive Ashes licences in BigAnt cricket. Why would I enjoy not being able to edit Australia and England?

It shouldn't be as big a problem as last time as there's a PC version. It was only the PS3 one that was really annoying for IC10.

Here's why I'm impatient, this could be way off the mark, but here is my prediction.

Ashes Cricket was only ever intended as a money making cash cow to milk the Ashes series. It was barely (if at all) a step up from Ashes Cricket 09. It contained no new features such as DRS it was basically just a roster update. For whatever reason it missed its release date. Big Ant Cricket found out about this and leaped at the chance to steal a massive chunk of the cricket fanbase by showing a more polished game with plenty more features and much better graphics.

Realising that they were not going to claim the whole market (which I assume there research expected) and Big Ant Cricket have a release date pegged for sometime this year, 505 games have pushed back their release date to do a BRIEF graphically update if the vine clip was anything to go by, and included evertything that they overlooked such as DRS and sweep shots as DLC in a vain attempt to appease fans and to tantalise them into buying this now rather than waiting for the other game.

meanwhile, on the Ashes Cricket 2013 forum, a more important topic is being discussed...

iOgW3nS.png

Looks like they do love their kitchens :lol

Must admit; I love the fact that they've managed to make the rules forum appear like its locked and you can't post in there... but not set the permissions in order to stop non-mods from posting in it. I've moderated some small forums - not on the forums softwarethey use admittedly - and its crazy easy to do that and set a lock on the number of posts you need to make before you can start a new thread unmoderated and other things on all forums softwares - PC uses vBulletin; and I know that its possible to do it on that, and that's quite outdated now...

Users who are viewing this thread